Windows 10: OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?

Discus and support OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched. I've checked my system settings. I've tried everything. OneNote will literally not let me type "HSA" in this healthcare enrollment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StarManta, Nov 13, 2019.

1. OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?

I've searched. I've checked my system settings. I've tried everything.

OneNote will literally not let me type "HSA" in this healthcare enrollment meeting. If I backspace and fix it, it re-autocorrects it.

It doesn't respect the system autocorrect setting, which is off. It doesn't have its own setting for autocorrect. Nothing.

Did no one in Microsoft ever need to take notes about anything that involves acronyms? No one in the beta test? No one since release?

How is such a widely-used app so hobbled? Or, how an app that is this hobbled so widely used? I honestly don't understand how this is possible.

Please tell me I've missed something, but so far every result on Google is a forum post by someone with the same issue. It makes OneNote absolutely worthless for me.

submitted by /u/StarManta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StarManta, Nov 13, 2019

2. OneNote No AutoCorrect?

I just checked my OneNote for you, the version from the store currently will highlight misspellings but right clicking on them will not give you any useful options. OneNote from office 365 & Office 2010, 2013 still work properly however. It seems that the version from windows 8 store may be different. I do not have a windows 8 device to confirm that.

Click the menu (hamburger button) on the left corner of OneNote, feedback, tell Microsoft you care about onenote (universal app)

chris1neji, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?

Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Hi,

Notepad is a simple text-editing program that allows minimal formatting and limited to simple text entry. Meanwhile, the autocorrect in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled by following the steps below:

• Type Devices in Cortana search and press Enter.
    • Click Typing beside the keyboard icon.

Each program has their own autocorrect features, from Windows built-in applications, web browsers, to installed applications. We suggest that you contact the application support to know more about their features.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF?

1. OneNote: Mandatory autocorrect makes this app useless. WTF? - Similar Threads - OneNote Mandatory autocorrect

2. wtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wtf: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kp3aug7v53y71.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed480f7aa83c0ccf43c2d7e1724ac9c25f55fcb4 submitted by /u/ARA-v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qofd1x/wtf/
  3. Ending mandatory useless features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ending mandatory useless features: Windows updates try and coerce me to "Sign In with a Microsoft Account", the Settings app is "warning" me that I need to Sign In to "Rewards". I never asked for Bing. "Meet Now" has been added to my task bar without my consent. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I have...
  4. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  5. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autocorrect: My autocorrector works perfectly on word, but it doesnt't work on any other app. I looked on settings, but I can't find a way of solving it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/f6a2ab9b-6820-47d1-8eb6-9798dad1ae76
  6. Autocorrect

Autocorrect: I have been trying to figure out a way to make the software stop autocorrecting the name Aasim to Wasim on my laptop, but I cannot find a method that works. At all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/3c408d10-51b1-4950-86f4-b0f83dae4a06
  7. Autocorrect

Autocorrect: How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type? I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes. And where to I see an answer to my question? I would love to get email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. OneNote app tab making tables

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OneNote app tab making tables: Before you direct me to previous fixes about setting up an autocorrect, or using the alt + code function let me clarify that OneNote Windows 10 App does not have an autocorrect edit menu, and my laptop does not have a number pad. How on earth has an option to turn this...
  9. Deleting useless apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting useless apps: My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my laptop might function faster than a brick. When I click the uninstall button on these useless apps, nothing happens. Does anyone...
  10. OneNote No AutoCorrect?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote No AutoCorrect?: Hey what's up, just got Windows 10 and everything is working great. I noticed that OneNote came with Windows 10? However I can't seem to find any features that came with the OneNote in W8 such as simple auto correct or right click to auto correct. What's going on...