Windows 10: OneNote Scroll

Discus and support OneNote Scroll in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Conor_629, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Conor_629 Win User

OneNote Scroll

Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,

:)

Conor_629, Sep 29, 2023
  2. tvarin Win User

Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update.

We now have 2 students that have mysteriously lost the ability to scroll horizontally in OneNote 2016. This is the 2-finger track pad scroll gesture. They can scroll vertically just fine. They both report no issue before the update.

What I've tested:

• Other user on another computer with the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Admin (other) user account on same computer cannot scroll horizontally.
    • Repairing the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • All other Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) allow for horizontal scroll.
    • Other user on another computer without the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Toyed with Track pad settings in Windows such as disabling and re-enabling scrolling in general.
    • Rebooted the machine (always have to mention that OneNote Scroll :) )
    • Tried a new notebook in OneNote 2016.

Anyways, if you guys can suggest anything else or other forums I can investigate at, let me know. It's not a huge priority issue. They can scroll horizontally using the touch screen itself, but if this starts happening to a lot of them it could become more of an issue.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to dive into Device Manager, but since it works in other programs, I don't see how it would help. I thought maybe AppData files could be causing this, but the local Admin account had the same issues.

Thank you in advance!

tvarin, Sep 29, 2023
  3. OneNote Horizontal Scroll W/Stylus

Hi,

OneNote engineers are making sure to improve the features of OneNote by acknowledging and understanding what customers wants for the product. In the meantime, we recommend posting a feedback on this
    site.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Sep 29, 2023
  4. OneNote Scroll

Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 29, 2023
Thema:

OneNote Scroll

1. OneNote Scroll - Similar Threads - OneNote Scroll

2. Unable to scroll In onenote using hands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to scroll In onenote using hands: I use onenote to take notes but today somehow the scroll is not working properly with fingers the mouse scroll work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scroll-in-onenote-using-hands/148f41c7-cb93-45f4-85b1-e2dbbae17248
  3. Unable to scroll In onenote using hands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scroll In onenote using hands: I use onenote to take notes but today somehow the scroll is not working properly with fingers the mouse scroll work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scroll-in-onenote-using-hands/148f41c7-cb93-45f4-85b1-e2dbbae17248
  4. OneNote Scroll

OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  5. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  6. How do you decrease the length of the horizontal scroll bar in OneNote?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you decrease the length of the horizontal scroll bar in OneNote?: I've been creating a manual and whenever I download my notes there is always a hugs empty space next to my notes :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-decrease-the-length-of-the-horizontal/96bc0b2a-6164-4d3d-b917-fef02cf46571
  7. How do you decrease the length of the horizontal scroll bar in OneNote?

How do you decrease the length of the horizontal scroll bar in OneNote?: I've been creating a manual and whenever I download my notes there is always a hugs empty space next to my notes :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-decrease-the-length-of-the-horizontal/96bc0b2a-6164-4d3d-b917-fef02cf46571
  8. OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?: Hi everyoneI purchased a new surface pro 8 16gb, brand new with non of my own software installed, just turned it on and went through normal setup with no software installed and standard settings. When I use OneNote it constantly either freezes for a little while and then...
  9. OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?

OneNote constantly freezing and scroll locking or pen input not working, windows 11?: Hi everyoneI purchased a new surface pro 8 16gb, brand new with non of my own software installed, just turned it on and went through normal setup with no software installed and standard settings. When I use OneNote it constantly either freezes for a little while and then...
  10. OneNote 2016 - touch scrolling disabled when connected external displays with surface

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote 2016 - touch scrolling disabled when connected external displays with surface: I recently got a second monitor that I have decided to use as my main screen. I have made my laptop (hp envy x360 2-in-1) as the secondary display. All the touchscreen capabilities seem intact except for in onenote 2016 where I can't scroll by touch (scrolling still work in...