Windows 10: OneNote starts when I boot up

Discus and support OneNote starts when I boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on, ever since the last update from Microsoft, I get a little window at the bottom of the screen labeled "Send To OneNote". In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHowardBowden, May 23, 2019.

1. OneNote starts when I boot up

When I turn my computer on, ever since the last update from Microsoft, I get a little window at the bottom of the screen labeled "Send To OneNote". In it there are three little windows labeled "Screen Clippings (S)", "Send To OneNote", and "New Quick Note (N)". How can I prevent this from happening? I have already disabled the "Send To OneNote" app, using Task Manager.

:)

JamesHowardBowden, May 23, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

OneNote Starting Up Automatically After Windows 10 Desktop Loads - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Problem

Hi Michael,

OneNote may have been one of the applications that is running on your startup that caused your computer to launch it on every boot. For us to help you disable OneNote during startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open your Task Manager. Right click on your taskbar and choose
      Task Manager.
    • On the Task Manager window, look for the Startup tab.
    • Select Send to OneNote Tool in the list of items and click the Disable button at the bottom. The status will change to Disabled.
    • Close the Task Manager window. Reboot your computer to verify.

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2019
  3. How to eliminate password prompt at boot.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

This issue might occur if OneNote is set to autostart while Windows boot up.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persist.

• Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch Task Manager
    • Click Start up tab
    • Locate the app associated with OneNote and disable it from starting up during Windows startup.
    Restart PC and check.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 23, 2019
  4. OneNote starts when I boot up

Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, May 23, 2019
Thema:

OneNote starts when I boot up

1. OneNote starts when I boot up - Similar Threads - OneNote starts boot

2. My computer doesn't have a boot logo when I start it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't have a boot logo when I start it up: I tried to figure out why I don't have one but I can't seem to find a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-have-a-boot-logo-when-i-start/bcb38289-7443-40d7-87a7-fe52affc0c65
  3. My computer doesn't have a boot logo when I start it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer doesn't have a boot logo when I start it up: I tried to figure out why I don't have one but I can't seem to find a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-have-a-boot-logo-when-i-start/bcb38289-7443-40d7-87a7-fe52affc0c65
  4. Windows start up/ boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start up/ boot: Hey community, my laptop won't startup into windows when powered on. Every time it powers on the HP logo appears briefly and the screen goes black and stays black till turned off. Some startups redirect to the advanced startup/recovery menu, but 9/10 the screen just stays...
  5. Default Onenote in start menu

Default Onenote in start menu: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (20H2) and by default, Onenote appears in the start menu. However, when I install my Office 2016 (Home and Student) I end up having (2) Onenote entries in the start menu. Please see picture below. I read that "Onenote for Windows...
  6. Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work

Automatic Repair Starts When Booting Up but it Doesn't Work: When I boot up my computer and Windows 10 it automatically goes to automatic repair. When it is done I am left with a black screen and the mouse cursor. It started yesterday when my computer just froze. I have tried to boot into safe mode and it will not let me. I've also...
  7. How can I stop One Note from starting up when I boot up? It says "Send To OneNote" with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop One Note from starting up when I boot up? It says "Send To OneNote" with...: When I start up Windows 10 on my desktop, it started showing OneNote gratuitously! There are three little windows under the caption "Send To OneNote. I've tried disabling the app, to no avail....
  8. Programs automatically starting when I boot

Programs automatically starting when I boot: Hi chaps, I'm having a strange problem of Internet Explorer launching automatically when I boot. Not only that but I've found my Gog Galaxy program, (a game download client) automatically start up too. In the case of Galaxy I have Launch at boot unticked. I used...
  9. Backing up OneNote?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backing up OneNote?: Hello! I was wonding if I can backup OneNote? Like if I want to do a clean install of Win10 in the future. Right now I'm using Notepad for all of my notes but thinking about moving everything to OneNote if I could back it up. -Thanks!! 21773
  10. Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up

Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up: My ASUS laptop is only a few months old and has been working fine when a few days ago the Start Menu stopped working, as well as Cortana and File Explorer disappeared. My attempts to fix the problem may have made it worse as now I’m getting a BSOD. I’ll try to provide as much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote always starts when i boot up. how to stop