Windows 10: OneNote Sync Issue

Discus and support OneNote Sync Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have five newer OneNote notebooks what use OneDrive to sync them on several devices desktop, laptop, Surface, Samsung tablet, Pixel 3a. I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Gieske, Mar 1, 2021.

1. OneNote Sync Issue

Hello,

I have five newer OneNote notebooks what use OneDrive to sync them on several devices desktop, laptop, Surface, Samsung tablet, Pixel 3a. I see five "shortcuts" similar to ones you'd create in Windows in the OneDrive Documents directory, one for each of the notebooks. I infer these are/were what OneNote uses to sync the notebooks across the several devices. I inadvertently deleted the five shortcut files for these five notebooks. I tried to restore these on OneDrive but cannot see them in the files to be restored. I noted these are newer notebooks. I have older, no in use notebooks that reside in the c:\user\.\Documents\OneNote directory. I managed to have one shortcut restored for an older notebook by opening the notebook locally, which resulted in a link created on OneDrive. Backups of the five newer notebooks are present in the backup directory in .\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0\Backup on at least the Windows systems. How can I reconstruct the shortcut file on OneDrive?

I also wonder where the complete version of the newer notebooks is stored, similar to the older notebooks. They were not on OneDrive, and so far, I've not found them on my hard drive.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365Family **

:)

Bill Gieske, Mar 1, 2021

2. OneNote not syncing on tablet and windows

Hi Muhammad.(Usama),

I'd like to ask what changes have you made prior to this issue. Try reinstalling OneNote on your device.

Also, try following the troubleshooting steps provided on these support articles:

Let me know how the issue goes after the troubleshooting.

Regile Reb, Mar 1, 2021
  3. OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

1. Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    2. Open the page in which this error is shown
    3. On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    4. Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    5. Sync the changes from desktop to server
    6. After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Mar 1, 2021
  4. OneNote Sync Issue

WP7 Onenote Mobile Sync Issue

Hi,

You can follow the steps below to open any OneNote notebooks from SkyDrive

• Launch IE on phone
    • Make sure "Mobile Version" is checked in the setting of IE on Phone
    • Browse Office 365 Login | Microsoft Office
    • Browse to the place where OneNote notebook is present
    • Tap on the notebook to open the notebook in OneNote Mobile
    Once the notebook is opened in OneNote mobile successfully, you can view and edit the section from them.

Let us know if this helps in solving the issue.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

OneNote Sync Issue

1. OneNote Sync Issue - Similar Threads - OneNote Sync Issue

2. OneNote not syncing to personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not syncing to personal account: Hi, How do I move and sync a notebook to my personal account when I no longer have access to my old work account I want to transfer the stuff across to my personal one - the Onenote notebook is still appearing there however, it is not letting me sync / move it or add it to my...
  3. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  4. OneNote sync issues: Error code: 0xE0001460 bdf5g

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneNote sync issues: Error code: 0xE0001460 bdf5g: I have experienced issues with OneNote syncing for several years but it's getting extremely frustrating as I attempt to migrate to a new laptop.I can access OneNote Notebooks via the Desktop application and I can find them on OneDrive but they will not sync or allow me to...
  5. syncing onenote

syncing onenote: Error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-onenote/b8e968ad-bf9f-4a32-8563-d08ab5108a57
  6. OneNote Syncing Message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote Syncing Message: Hello, I keep getting this message when I open OneNote: "To sync this notebook sign into OneNote." I checked everything and I am signed in to OneNote, my MS account, and OneDrive. Everything seems to be syncing just fine. Does anyone know why I keep getting this message and...
  7. onenote sync problems

onenote sync problems: I have a sync problem with onenote. I have a section called diary which is password protected. There are about forty pages in the diary and eleven of them are now starting to report "Content not available. Sorry, it looks as if this page was added from another computer and...
  8. Issue with OneNote syncing! HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with OneNote syncing! HELP!: I am trying to sync OneNote but get a message This notebook hasn't been connected in 30 days. It may have been moved from the location you are syncing to Then I am trying to set a new location, but it informs that it can't be synced and theinformation entered for the last...
  9. onenote syncing error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    onenote syncing error: hi my onenote says its not syncing and keeps saying its saved offline but i am online using wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-syncing-error/b0885bbd-db9c-465a-8da5-5bc58a4bc6be
  10. onenote sync problems

onenote sync problems: I'm connected to the wifi but every time I want to sync one of my notebooks it says are you signed in which I am continuing on it says 'You will need the Internet for this.' Help me Please. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]the Internet for this'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote not syncing forums