Windows 10: OneNote taking over default printer

Discus and support OneNote taking over default printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with onenote taking constantly taking over as the default printer. I have unchecked "Let windows manage my printers" but i still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Renee Dittmer, Mar 19, 2019.

1. OneNote taking over default printer

I have a problem with onenote taking constantly taking over as the default printer. I have unchecked "Let windows manage my printers" but i still have to change my default printer several times a day. This is on Windows 10. Any suggestions?

:)

Renee Dittmer, Mar 19, 2019
  2. carsonsw Win User

onenote hijacked printer

Hey Don,

I believe this is the answer to your question:

Remove OneNote as the Default Printer

1. Click the “Start” button and then click “Printers and Devices.”

2. Click the arrow icon next to the “Printers and Faxes” label in the Devices and Printers window to display a complete list of all printer devices installed on the computer. Click and highlight the device name of the printer you want to use as the system default.

3. Right-click the printer device icon and then and click “Set as default printer” after the pop-up menu appears. Close the “Printers and Devices” window. Windows no longer uses the OneNote virtual printer as the default print device when printing from an application.
    If you want to print to the OneNote virtual printer device, you must select it in the “Print” dialog box when you print from Windows programs.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Carson

carsonsw, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 19, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

OneNote taking over default printer

Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

I do it with VB logon scripts

"Dim ps0 [<------ our printer server the printers are added/managed on]
    Dim printer

ps0 = "\\ps0\"
    printer = "S14 - Oki ES4140" [<------- the name of the printer as it is shown on the server]

Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    on Error Resume Next

'Deletes all network printers
    Set clPrinters = wshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 0 to clPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2
    wshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection clPrinters.Item(i+1), true
    Next

'Add Network printer
    wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection ps0 & printer

'Set Default Printer
    wshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter ps0 & printer" [<------ this bit sets it as default (note: this must be applied as the first policy before any other printers policies, otherwise it deletes them)]

OneNote taking over default printer Printerscrupt.png

RCoon, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

OneNote taking over default printer

1. OneNote taking over default printer - Similar Threads - OneNote taking default

2. Kyocera KX Driver for Universal Printing takes over the default UI for changing the printer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kyocera KX Driver for Universal Printing takes over the default UI for changing the printer...: Im trying to change the driver of a printer with this driver installed, on a Server 2019. But when i right click on the printer, click properties to be able to go to the advanced tab to be able to change the driver, i do not get the default UI opening when clicking...
  3. Kyocera KX Driver for Universal Printing takes over the default UI for changing the printer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kyocera KX Driver for Universal Printing takes over the default UI for changing the printer...: Im trying to change the driver of a printer with this driver installed, on a Server 2019. But when i right click on the printer, click properties to be able to go to the advanced tab to be able to change the driver, i do not get the default UI opening when clicking...
  4. Kyocera KX Driver for Universal Printing takes over the default UI for changing the printer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Duplicate OneNote Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate OneNote Printers: Every time a new User signs in on a device, we end up with a duplicate OneNote printer. In some offices where people are often hot swapping seats they have 20+ OneNote printers. This happens on every computer. How can we prevent this from happening? I have searched all over...
  6. OneNote printer issue

OneNote printer issue: OneNote printer issue Unable to print from OneNote. Keep getting "unexpected CONFIGURATION PROBLEM 0X80040154 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-printer-issue/5e156a2b-c1cb-439a-b6c4-91b56bdd6218
  7. OneNote has take over ... how do I stop it?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote has take over ... how do I stop it?: This is an HP Pavilion laptop. It has an HP printer installed and I've printed happily for a long time. Recently all my install files suddenly disappeared and now I can't print at all. Uninstalled and re-installed printer (with HP CD) and also ran HP trouble shooter...
  8. OneNote app default font

OneNote app default font: Hi We are using the Windows 10 OneNote app (not OneNote 2016) on all our devices. Now we would like to change the OneNote default font to Arial on all compters, using a policy or a registry key. Unfortunately, I didn't find any registry key or any GPO where I can set the...
  9. How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO: Hi, I need to create a GPO making "Send to OneNote" as the default printer when no physical printer is setup or installed, like when logging-in to a workstation for the first time. Thanks for the help. Cheers, BernardAtWork...
  10. Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser

Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser: Working in Windows 10, every few days Edge takes over as the default application for PDF (which we have set to Adobe). At the same time, it becomes the default browser (changing from Chrome). We have repeatedly gone to Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove onenote as default printer

2. one note default printer

3. onenote デフォルト プリンタ

4. onenote hijacked my printer,
  5. why is printer one note when default is something else,
  6. why cant is select onenote for windows 10 as default printer,
  7. printer defaults to onenote,
  8. how to change default printer away from one note,
  9. why did printer default to one note,
  10. How do I stop OneNote from being default printer?,
  11. printer prints to one note and not default printer,