Windows 10: OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook

Discus and support OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime I try to create a new notebook it thinks about it and then nothing happens. Also, my OneDrive has disappeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Larissa Brigham, Sep 4, 2018.

1. OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook

Everytime I try to create a new notebook it thinks about it and then nothing happens. Also, my OneDrive has disappeared.

:)

Larissa Brigham, Sep 4, 2018
  2. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Sep 4, 2018
  3. conleysa Win User
    OneNote App Unable to Create Notebook

Hi! I use the pen (click the top) to open OneNote on my Surface Pro 3 (i7, 512GB). When I try to create a new NoteBook I receive the error "We are unable to create your notebook, check your internet connection". The internet connection is solid, and
    the problem happens at work and home. If I open OneNote 2016, new notebooks can be created without issue.

conleysa, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Mark_W. Win User

OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook

OneNote fails to open skydrive notes "Checking for sections in this notebook"

Hello Samiuela:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having accessing a specific notebook on your phone. If I understand you correctly, you have a OneNote notebook currently on SkyDrive that you are unable to access from the phone. If my understanding
    is incorrect, please correct me.

What I would suggest you do is go to
    http://skydrive.com
    and sign into the account on your phone.

• Once you are signed in, create a new notebook (This can be done by clicking the + at the top of the page and selecting a OneNote notebook).
    • Once you have done this go to your phone and sync the primary account, tap settings > emails + accounts >tap and hold the primary Windows Live account on the phone > select sync.
    • Once the sync is complete, go to the Office app.
    • At the bottom of the OneNote page, tap the notebook icon.
    • You should see the newly created notebook, if you do not, tap the (...) in the bottom right and then select refresh.
    • Once you have confirmed this new notebook appears here, go back to the computer and copy the original OneNote notebook into this newly created one.
    • Go back to the phone and refresh again and try to access the OneNote document.
    If you are having any issues creating and syncing new OneNotes to SkyDrive, set this new notebook as your default notebook. You can do this by doing the following:

• Go to the Office application on your phone.
    • Tap the notebook icon.
    • Select the new notebook.
    • Tap and hold the folder that appears.
    • Select the "set as default" option.
    • Go back to OneNote and create a new note and back out, you should see that it is syncing.
    • Confirm that you see the new note in this notebook on SkyDrive.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook

1. OneNote will not allow me to create a new notebook - Similar Threads - OneNote allow create

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneNote not allowing me to create a notebook. Get connection error message

OneNote not allowing me to create a notebook. Get connection error message: Im just starting to use the app and I cant even create a notebook. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting etc and I keep getting the same error message. Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  6. I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot create a new notebook in OneNote; says I am not connected to internet, but I am: I have tried all the online fixes. I have turned off OneDrive. I just want this notebook for my local use. I have not yet created a OneNote notebook on this PC...
  7. Remove a OneNote notebook

Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  8. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  9. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote not allowing me to create notebooks

2. create new notebook everytime in ms onenote

3. onenote we are unable to create your notebook

4. onenote not creating notebook,
  5. notes does not alow me to create a notebook,
  6. my verson of onenote does not allow to add notebook,
  7. I am not able to create a new notebook in onenote,
  8. one note doesnt allow to create a note,
  9. onenote wont let me create a new notebook,
  10. onenote not creating notebooks windows 10,
  11. onenote cannot create new notebook check your internet connection,