Windows 10: OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English

Discus and support OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my language settings in Windows 10 are set to UK English. However, in the OneNote app I still get US english spell check prompts. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamiewilsonsensata, Feb 21, 2019.

1. OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English

All my language settings in Windows 10 are set to UK English. However, in the OneNote app I still get US english spell check prompts. Is there a way to set this to UK English?

Thanks

:)

jamiewilsonsensata, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Stewart_R Win User

Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Feb 21, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Microsoft no english language windows for you!

What I hate more with latest Windows is the stupid localization of apps and features based on your location. Basically, if you want Windows in English and you have currency, date, time and all that crap set for your country (outside UK and US) you'll have half the OS in English and other half (tiles, integrated apps etc) in bloody native language. And this is really pissing me off because it looks horrendously ugly.

I only had language selection issues with Windows 8.1 tablet purchased from Germany. It came pre-configured with German language and due to bug in Windows, I was unable to install English no matter what. I had to hack it using manually downloaded language pack and import it using cmd. It later got fixed by an update, but it was still annoying considering my understanding of German is quite rusty...

Personally, I never bothered getting Windows official way. I always checked torrent sites for "untouched" versions of Windows. Meaning it's an ISO image from 3rd party source that hasn't been pre-cracked or pre-patched in any way. You can also check the hash of downloaded image to be sure (usually found on MSDN pages). I suggest you do it this way. Just grab Win7 64bit Ultimate English from some torrent site and check the hash to be sure it's really unmodified and clean.

RejZoR, Feb 21, 2019
  4. zyguli Win User

OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English

OneNote disrigards keyboard language settings

Thank you for your reply.

The version I currently have is 17.7766.57821.0. I had this issue, however, since I upgraded to Windows 10 in June last year.

I have tried resetting the app - it didn't help. I have tried switching system language back and forth.

The current solution is to switch Polish keyboard layout, which I use, to English, and switch it back to Polish after opening the OneNote app - I use windows key + spacebar key command for this. There are no language settings in Windows OneNote app.

zyguli, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English

1. OneNote Windows 10 Can't set proofing language to UK English - Similar Threads - OneNote Can't set

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  5. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  6. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  7. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  8. Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English: I have spent the whole day trying to get the Windows 10 speech recognition to work. I keep getting a message something like the "the recogniser language and interface language must match". So I have gone all through the Settings and Control Panel and changed every language...
  9. Can't remove UK English language

Can't remove UK English language: I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK English [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English

Windows 10 Keyboard Set to UK English but works as US English: Hello, We have recently upgraded all our machines to Windows 10 in the office from Windows 7 however it seems that after the upgrade some users have started getting US English keyboards. I have looked through Language settings in the settings area and nowhere does it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one note for windows set default proofing language

2. onenote english uk

3. onenote windows 10 language

4. set proofing language by default in one note,
  5. he default language for onenote,
  6. set default language proofing onenote,
  7. change onenote language to UK,
  8. ik english spell check onenote,
  9. one note change to english,
  10. onenote set proofing language,
  11. cant set language in onenote windows 10,