Windows 10: OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive.

Discus and support OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, Using OneNote Windows 10 and would like to create a path that link to a folder in a drive. Meaning, I clicked the Link button, insert a name... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RuggyRat, May 16, 2021.

1. RuggyRat Win User

OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive.

Hi, Using OneNote Windows 10 and would like to create a path that link to a folder in a drive. Meaning, I clicked the Link button, insert a name 'Common' and the path is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ Click the Common and it should open that path in Windows Explorer. It is not working and this message came up... Microsoft OneNote Sorry, we couldn't open that link. Its destination may have been moved or deleted, or you may no longer have access to it. Is it OneNote Windows 10 version limitation?

:)

RuggyRat, May 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2021
  3. OneNote for Windows 10 shortcut fails

Interesting. I followed your path and OneNote is not on my taskbar User Pinned list either.

Maybe you are getting to the bottom of this when you say you can't remove.

My OneNote was replaced by this Window 10 app. I don't actually recall doing this. It removed the old Onenote.

In my program list it is called OneNote for Windows 10.

I wonder if yours is getting confused.

Under default apps, by protocol, is OneNote for Windows 10 the only default app.

OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive. [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, May 16, 2021
  4. OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive.

How to include OneNote in SendTo Context Menu in Windows 10

I have successfully added Evernote, OneDrive, etc. to the SendTo menu but was not successful for OneNote.

The steps I have taken are:

• Make a shortcut of your folder on the desktop

• Open the run window - WIN+R

• Type shell:sendto into the run box. Then OK. That opens the sendto folder.

• Drag your shortcut from the desktop into the sendto folder. Close the folder
    I was able to perform the first 3 steps and was also able to drag the shortcut from the desktop into the sendto folder. However, when I right clicked a file and then Send to, I was not able to see the OneNote listed in the menu. (I can see OneNote, however,
    listed in the place where I dragged the OneNote shortcut to.

Any idea why this is so?

Regards,

Bulend

BulendBekaroglu, May 16, 2021
Thema:

OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive.

1. OneNote Windows 10... path link to a folder in a drive. - Similar Threads - OneNote path link

2. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  3. OneNote will not link up to my cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote will not link up to my cell: this section might have been deleted from the server. You can try to sync this section again, or copy your notes to another section.that]s what it saysplease help...
  4. Folder Path "\..\..\"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Path "\..\..\": Could you please let me know what the slash and period "\..\..\" notation mean in a folder path:C:\Users\Username\Documents\Project\..\..\SubProject\Module.basas I'm trying to understand and old VB6 project that errors out on the path?Thank you.DeuceSactown, USA...
  5. Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online: The solution posted here: A fix for links not working in OneNote Online - Microsoft Community doesn't seem to work for Windows 10 OneNote created link which is accessed using OneNote online. Please let me know if there is a fix....
  6. Folder Path icon in windows 10

Folder Path icon in windows 10: I want to set the folder path as on English environment like C:\Users\st\ but when viewing properties I see¥ mark. Did System.Locale to English and language to English but not able to solve. Is there any way to solve this? [ATTACH]...
  7. Redirecting a folder path to another drive?

Redirecting a folder path to another drive?: Keeping the problem fairly short and sweet: I would like to be able to redirect a folder on my Hard Disk E: Drive to my Solid State C: Drive so that when programs try to access within that folder path, they're instead using the faster C: drive. For, example, if it tries...
  8. No Thumbnails on Photos in Folders Created as Symbolic Links to UNC Paths

No Thumbnails on Photos in Folders Created as Symbolic Links to UNC Paths: My previous post on this problem was locked without reason. This is the same problem as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/no-thumbnails-on-symbolic-link-network-paths/8e9497d5-ef71-429d-b8ca-cf74672dc8f5 but for Windows 10. I...
  9. add time between password entry and link to local folders to OneNote for Windows

add time between password entry and link to local folders to OneNote for Windows: I have used OneNote 2016 for years, and from time to time check out OneNote for Windows 10 to see if it's got the features that are important to me so I can switch over. Two things about OneNote for Windows 10 are still a problem for me. 1) There seems to be no option to...
  10. OneNote Folder Empty

OneNote Folder Empty: All I want to do is delete a notebook. Found out that the only way to do that is through the OneNote folder in Documents. My folder is EMPTY. How do I get my notebooks into the proper folder? Are they even synched properly? I never changed the location of anything on...