Windows 10: Onenote won't open

Discus and support Onenote won't open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I push the icon to open Onenote on my windows phone either the screen goes black for half a second before taking me back to the previous screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinDøngart, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Onenote won't open

When I push the icon to open Onenote on my windows phone either the screen goes black for half a second before taking me back to the previous screen, or else it takes me to the Onenote app in the Store where it says (already) installed. Clicking open here does the same as just mentioned.

My device is a Microsoft Lumia 532

I just upgraded from a version of Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now I can't access Onenote as described above.

I never synced my Onenote data because I did not own internet for the phone, so getting data from the cloud is not an option.

Hope you can help.

:)

RobinDøngart, Jan 19, 2019

2. OneNote 2016 opening on startup

Hi,

In order to turn off or disable OneNote 2016 at startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
    • On the bottom right of the Task Manager window, click the drop-down arrow to open
      More details.
    • Click the Startup tab. This tab shows the programs that are enabled on Startup.
    • Right-click OneNote 2016, and click Disable.
    • Click File, then Exit.
    • You may then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 19, 2019
  3. OneNote won't open

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Have you downloaded the app from store?
    Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing
    experience.

I suggest you try restart your Computer and try to open your OneNote . if issue still persists, I kindly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Ruxo in the following thread which discusses about how to uninstall OneNote .

Onenote on windows 10 - Sorry something went wrong

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Onenote won't open

Keep Getting Error From OneNote When Trying to Open Notebook?

Hi Webb842,

OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone 7 will not support opening section groups in a notebook.

To have the sections present in Section groups opened in OneNote Mobile, you can follow the below steps:

• In OneNote Desktop, Select and Right-Click on the section group you want to open in OneNote Mobile.
    • Perform "Copy link" operation
    • Mail yourself the link copied
    • On Phone, tap on OneNote link to open the section group in OneNote mobile as a notebook.
    Hope this helps in solving this issue.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Onenote won't open

1. Onenote won't open - Similar Threads - Onenote won't open

2. OneNote won't back up to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote won't back up to OneDrive: Hello,I've been using Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive for a few years now. When I had all Windows 10 PCs, I had no problem getting OneNote to sync with OneDrive automatically, while I manually copied all of my other files.However, since I've upgraded to Windows 11 PCs, all of...
  3. OneNote won't back up to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote won't back up to OneDrive: Hello,I've been using Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive for a few years now. When I had all Windows 10 PCs, I had no problem getting OneNote to sync with OneDrive automatically, while I manually copied all of my other files.However, since I've upgraded to Windows 11 PCs, all of...
  4. I cannot get OneNote to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot get OneNote to open: Using Office 365 on iMac with current version of OS 11.4. One computer with three users on it. All MS application work ok on all three users with the exception of OneNote which will not open on the one user that I really need it on. Just gives me a message that says "There...
  5. OneNote does not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote does not open: After the last Windows 10 update I discovered that OneNote did not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-does-not-open/1fe7bbd0-baba-446d-8eb6-69fd87a6f060
  6. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  7. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  8. OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook

OneNote, prevent automatic opening of notebook: Hello all, I apologize if this is a general question, I just have not been able to find a clear answer for this and wanted to reach out to you all. Whenever I open OneNote on my computer, it automatically opens my last-opened notebook with it. This is a concern of mine,...
  9. Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote

Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote: Hello all, did some searching for this here and online and came to some solutions close to what I am experiencing, but not on target and would appreciate some help. I have downloaded a OneNote file that I would like to open and am having trouble with it. Every time I try I...
  10. ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login

ONeNote won't accept existing gmail login: I had to wack and rebuild my computer. I now cannot access my OneNote using my gmail address, which has always been the log in. I now receive this message: "this type of account doesn't work with this particular service" I opened OneNote on my phone and verified that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote wont open

2. one note wont open

3. onenote 2016 wont open

4. onenote 2016 wont open on windows 10,
  5. onenote wont open notebook,
  6. onenote wont launch,
  7. onenote wont open windows 10,
  8. microsoft onenote wont open,
  9. click on onenote app but it wont open,
  10. why cant I open onenote on my phone today?,
  11. one not wont open,