Windows 10: Onenote wound not start after updated

Discus and support Onenote wound not start after updated in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My Samsung Tablet was set to updated automatically. Last a couple of days, it did that and OneNote no longer work. Nothing happens at all after I click... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wongwang, Nov 3, 2015.

1. wongwang Win User

Onenote wound not start after updated

My Samsung Tablet was set to updated automatically. Last a couple of days, it did that and OneNote no longer work. Nothing happens at all after I click on the program icon. Try uninstalling through Powershell and reinstalling it, but no luck. Anyone please help. My system info is below.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Other OS Description Not Available[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System Name WPP[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System Model 500T[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System Type X86-based PC[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System SKU SAMSUNG SENS Series[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Processor Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z2760 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. [/COLOR]P13AAI.364.140219.SH[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)], 2/19/2014[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]SMBIOS Version 2.7[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Embedded Controller Version 255.255[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]BIOS Mode UEFI[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]BaseBoard Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]BaseBoard Model Not Available[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]BaseBoard Name Base Board[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Platform Role Mobile[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Secure Boot State On[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Locale United States[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10240.16392"[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]User Name WPP\Admin[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Time Zone SE Asia Standard Time[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Total Physical Memory 1.92 GB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Available Physical Memory 344 MB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Total Virtual Memory 2.92 GB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Available Virtual Memory 787 MB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Page File Space 1.00 GB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Page File C:\pagefile.sys[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions No[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions No[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes[/COLOR]

:)

wongwang, Nov 3, 2015

2. BSOD on OneNote 2016 after Upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

Hi, everyone,

at least for me the problem with OneNote 2016 desktop version is solved. I got a BSOD right at the start of OneNote, just after the splash screen of OneNote.

In an article I read that I should delete the cache of OneNote. At the last start of OneNote a small window appeared unexpectedly, which gave me the possibility to clear the cache of OneNote with a button.

When I restarted OneNote, all books were closed and I opened them all one after the other. The BSOD no longer appeared. Probably I didn't have had the problem with the vector graphics and the zoom but a different one with creators update 1709 and OneNote. Anyway,
    OneNote works optimally on my computer now. Hopefully OneNote will be supported by Microsoft for a long time, because there is nothing better for me.

Many greetings

Wolfgang

WolfgangB123, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Send to One Note Opens on Startup Ever Since the Fall Windows Update

I have the same issue. This has only happened after recent updates. I am using Office 2013 with Win 10 Pro.

I have

- disabled OneNote from the Startup section of the Task Manager.

- unchecked Start with OneNote.

- deleted the Send to OneNote shortcut from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Send To OneNote still opens in the taskbar after restarting my PC.

If I uncheck "Place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar" then Send to OneNote does not appear at all and I cannot use its snipping tool - the only feature that I use.

OneNote and "Send to OneNote" have different icons and appear to be different apps but the help always bundles them as "OneNote".

Shouldn't the checkbox "Place OneNote icon in the notification area of the taskbar" be "Place Send to OneNote in the..."?

Can you please make the distinction between both apps more clear in all checkbox options and help given.

I am still looking for an answer to this issue.

DragonflyKing, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Onenote wound not start after updated

1. Onenote wound not start after updated - Similar Threads - Onenote wound start

2. OneNote RT won't start after 8/9/23 update KB4022167

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote RT won't start after 8/9/23 update KB4022167: OneNote on Surface RT won't start after 8/9/23 update. Error message:ONENOTE.EXE - Bad ImageC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ONMain.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation...
  3. OneNote RT won't start after 8/9/23 update KB4022167

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote RT won't start after 8/9/23 update KB4022167: OneNote on Surface RT won't start after 8/9/23 update. Error message:ONENOTE.EXE - Bad ImageC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ONMain.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation...
  4. Cannot update or reinstall OneNote

Cannot update or reinstall OneNote: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I was trying to update OneNote when I got a "0x800706D9" error message, which I looked up online. As a result, I checked the Storage, Windows Update, and Windows Firewall services; the first two were set as "Automatic Delayed,"...
  5. Default Onenote in start menu

Default Onenote in start menu: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (20H2) and by default, Onenote appears in the start menu. However, when I install my Office 2016 (Home and Student) I end up having (2) Onenote entries in the start menu. Please see picture below. I read that "Onenote for Windows...
  6. OneNote smoothing disabled with update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote smoothing disabled with update?: I use OneNote for school with a Huion graphics tablet to handwrite on calculus tests. I just updated my windows to build 19041 and the handwriting smoothing automatically disabled and touch inputs are super jagged only on OneNote. The pen pressure still works, the drawing...
  7. Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update

Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update: I lost some of my data from OneNote after the last update and can't retrieve it. Any ideas? Windows will not allow me to go back to a previous version....
  8. OneNote starts when I boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote starts when I boot up: When I turn my computer on, ever since the last update from Microsoft, I get a little window at the bottom of the screen labeled "Send To OneNote". In it there are three little windows labeled "Screen Clippings (S)", "Send To OneNote", and "New Quick Note (N)". How can I...
  9. Which type of Restore for wounded PC?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which type of Restore for wounded PC?: My Win 10 Insider system is analogous to a soldier shot in the leg: It cripples on, but it is not at fighting strength. I lost and restored my c: drive boot sector, Insider updates won't load, my logon presents duplicate accounts, System File Checker won't run to completion...
  10. OneNote update message

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote update message: I use OneNote version 14.0.7177.5000 (32-bit), and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. Every so often a window appears, prompting me to update OneNote (see illustration). To which version does MS want to upgrade, and what will it cost? Would the upgrade look different from my...