Windows 10: OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903)

Discus and support OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since updating to 1903 I'm discovering bits of stuff missing, for example, OneNote no longer appears in my list of index options... [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Telos, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Telos Win User

OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903)

Ever since updating to 1903 I'm discovering bits of stuff missing, for example, OneNote no longer appears in my list of index options...

OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903) YYXtDqv.png

...and my search results are missing many of my OneNote notes.

Any ideas on how to restore this. It used to look like this..

OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903) tjwZwKL.png

Note: this image from an unrelated machine.

:)

Telos, Jul 6, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 6, 2019
  3. onenote2013

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

OneNote is a digital notebook for capturing, storing, and sharing all kinds of information. The first thing you’ll see when you open OneNote 2013 is a fresh, clean look that lets you focus on your thoughts and ideas instead of the interface. Full integration
    with the cloud means you can free your files from your computer’s hard drive so your notes and information are saved and searchable wherever you go.

I would suggest you to sign into the Microsoft account in onenote2013.

• Click on File & go to Info.
    • Click on Share & login with the Microsoft Account.

Also sign in to the OneNote app using Microsoft account.

• Open the OneNote app & click on the personal Microsoft account.

Check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 6, 2019
  4. IzWebUsr Win User

OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903) - Similar Threads - OneNote2013 missing indexing

2. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  3. Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options: Hi Brink, Iam using windows 10 Home version. My emails in outlook 2016 is to be indexed. My problem with indexing options is that Iam unable to modify and put the folder of Microsoft Outlook in to "Index these location" list. Earlier it was there as per below picture: [img]...
  4. Windows Update option is missing Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update option is missing Win10: Somehow the Windows Update option disappeared from the Settings or Control Panels. How to return it? I installed then manually new version of Win10 b2004, the result is still same. Does anyone know how to do this? Will help a manually downloaded update to fix only that...
  5. Missing power options in 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power options in 1903: I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 which has Windows 10 Home, and came with the 1903 feature update installed. When I go to the advanced settings for my current power plan (or any other power plan, regardless of whether it came with the system or if I made it), the options are very...
  6. Power options missing 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power options missing 1903: After upgrading to version 1903 the only Power Option available is Balanced. Thats it - No High Performance , . How to get them back , ? Tried various methods via Command Prompt and Powershell to which they both accepted the commands but still no other Power Options. Or...
  7. File system index corruption after Win10 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system index corruption after Win10 1903 update: I have Windows 10 Home, running smoothly for more than 1 year. However, the system became extremely slow (HDD keep reading) when I was moving a shortcut on Desktop - just re-locate. After reboot (took 15mins each) twice (by coincidence, KB4503293 and KB4503308 installed and...
  8. Indexing Options removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options removed: I have been using Windows Index search for years. I have all my data in one directory on my D:\. I have set the indexing options to include this location and some others. Recently Windows has been dropping my selections and reverting to the default locations. I have reset my...
  9. Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing: I recently installed Windows 10 on a computer containing 3 internal and 8 external hard drives. Although all the drives show up in Disk Management and File Explorer, one of the internal drives isn't listed under "Indexing Options" so I can't get the files indexed. Since I...
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....