Windows 10: ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus?

Discus and support ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a ONENOTEM.exe application error 0xc0000142 out of nowhere when I started my laptop (I have never used that application but I think one note came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ColdSnooper, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus?

I got a ONENOTEM.exe application error 0xc0000142 out of nowhere when I started my laptop (I have never used that application but I think one note came with my laptop when i bought it a few years ago). Various websites stated that it could either be malware, or just a damaged official file. A quickscan did not detect anything, and the microsoft website suggested to try repairing it using:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

and after about 3-4 minutes for each command, it found files that were corrupted and repaired them. I restarted my computer but i still received the error. The next morning I still got the error, but ignored it and didn't use my pc for a day and a half. The next time I turned on my laptop and ever since I have not had the error.

Did the sfc scan actually repair it but it just took time for the error to disappear? Or is it possibly a virus?

submitted by /u/ColdSnooper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ColdSnooper, Feb 4, 2021

2. Some .exe files files show Application error 0xe00000e5

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you get this error is a corrupt registry settings or some third party product (or virus) can change the default configuration for running EXE files. To better understand and isolate this issue, kindly answer the
    following questions:

• To confirm, do you successfully update your computer?
    • Aside from this error code, do you also get any error messages?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Edleen Win User

ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus?

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus?

1. ONENOTEM.EXE error fixed itself? Possible virus? - Similar Threads - ONENOTEM EXE error

2. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  3. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  4. Possible Virus!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Virus!: Hello,My son has downloaded a MOD for a game something I told him not to do! and when he has turned on his PC today his account on the computer has been deleted and a new account has been created.All of his programs and settings have been removed and the computer won't even...
  5. possible virus

possible virus: so i was trying to download something and then my virus app says that it was a riskware.hackutility so i obviously removed it is it still in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-virus/4e4a1c6f-441d-4340-b355-fe262f84b37a
  6. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  7. A possible virus?

A possible virus?: Hello, I am having issues recently with my laptop. I am running windows defender as my security tool and my problem is - occasionally a .tmp file with random name appearsusually something with a few letters and numbers like gmd123.tmp in my temp folder. This file begins to...
  8. HELP... UNKOWN .EXE ON TM POSSIBLE VIRUS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP... UNKOWN .EXE ON TM POSSIBLE VIRUS: I downloaded uTorrent the other day and clicked no on all the sponsored ads. Since then however, my laptops been running a weird .exe command called “Cxaudiosvc.exe” thats eating my ram. While google says that this is a command ran by conexant audio services, I never...
  9. Possible Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Virus?: I woke up this morning to an issue that I’ve not had before. Malwarebytes self downloaded an upgrade I clicked on it and this is what I got: One or more copies of data on this device maybe out of sync. No writes maybe performed until a data integrity scan is completed....
  10. exe virus

exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d