Windows 10: OneSyncSvc service...

Discus and support OneSyncSvc service... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The discription of this service states, quote: This service synchronizes mail, contacts, calendar and various other user data. Mail and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cr00zng, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Cr00zng Win User

OneSyncSvc service...

The discription of this service states, quote:

I don't use this service, emails, contacts, etc., managed by Outlook and no user data in the cloud. Is there a way to disable OneSyncsvc service? Trying to change the start up type from the default "Automatic (Delayed start...) to "Disabled", or any other types, results in this error message:

OneSyncSvc service... [​IMG]

In the registry, there are two related entries:

Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc_56b9b[/quote] Setting the "Start" DWORD from the default value of "2" to "4", for "OneSyncSvc_56b9b" does not work. After rebooting the system, the default value is restored. Prior to setting the value to "4" in both places in the registry...

Will doing so impact Windows 10 and and other applications? I don't mean apps provided by Windows 10, those had been removed from this system...

:)

Cr00zng, Jan 8, 2019

2. OneSyncSvc

I was looking through my services, and I found two services with the name OneSyncSvc, except one had _69818 at the end. Is this normal? (yes, I used Paint)
    OneSyncSvc service... 4c1807eb-cd01-45cd-ac96-1c79eb9496a6?upload=true.png

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

WHYdoIneedAdisplayNAME_5536r6itoyy5, Jan 8, 2019
  3. unknown service and should i worry?I just recently seen a service that ive never seen or reconnized and I'm wondering if I should worry about it? its called OneSyncSvc 5d 586 service

I just recently seen a service that ive never seen or reconnized and I'm wondering if I should worry about it? its called OneSyncSvc 5d 586 service

unknown1369, Jan 8, 2019
  4. OneSyncSvc service...

At shutdown is present 4 errors; Service Control Manager id 7031

Hello Gabuzomeuh,

thank you for your tip:

Hi Alpha45 and Alex,

Just to mention that I have an improved workaround that seems to behave a little bit better for me today :

.open Regedit.exe

.go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc]

.rename "Start"=dword:00000002 entry as "Start.000"=dword:00000002 (for backup)

.now, create the new 32-bit Dword entry : "Start"=dword:00000003

This is, obviously, a step-by-step equivalent to start the Synchronization Host OneSyncSvc service in manual mode (start=3) instead of auto (original start=2) and desactivated (alpha45 suggestion, start=3).

Hope this helps. On my machine, calendar, mails and contacts seems to stay synchronized with microsoft cloud (One central structure).

Looking forward to hearing your feedbacks on possible persisting side-effect,

Regards,

Gabuzomeuh

But it took no effect on my computer. Error 7031 ist persisting.

Maybe Microsoft will some day take part on this discussion?

Thanks and bye

Alex

alexanderbuega, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

OneSyncSvc service...

1. OneSyncSvc service... - Similar Threads - OneSyncSvc service

2. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  3. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...
  4. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The user profile service failed the sign in: Old Dell Inspiron 15R, i3, 8GBOriginally supplied with Win 8, was upgraded at some stage to Win 10.It was a work machine so I decided to factory reset the machine and wipe all data.The process finished and I was shown the Windows login screen.It still remembers the Windows...
  5. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The user profile service failed the sign in: Old Dell Inspiron 15R, i3, 8GBOriginally supplied with Win 8, was upgraded at some stage to Win 10.It was a work machine so I decided to factory reset the machine and wipe all data.The process finished and I was shown the Windows login screen.It still remembers the Windows...
  6. The user profile service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  8. OneSyncSvc service disappeared, how to bring it back

OneSyncSvc service disappeared, how to bring it back: I noticed my e-mails dont sync and then when I checked services I noticed OneSyncSvc is missing which is service responsible for e-mail sync. Windows restore didnt bringed it back. That is maybe the reason why a lot of people say e-mail app is not working properly. If that...
  9. OneSyncSvc service disappeared, how to bring it back

in Windows 10 Support
    OneSyncSvc service disappeared, how to bring it back: I noticed my e-mails dont sync and then when I checked services I noticed OneSyncSvc is missing which is service responsible for e-mail sync. Windows restore didnt bringed it back. That is maybe the reason why a lot of people say e-mail app is not working properly. If that...
  10. OneSyncSvc service disappeared

OneSyncSvc service disappeared: I noticed my e-mails dont sync and then when I checked services I noticed OneSyncSvc is missing which is service responsible for e-mail sync. I know I can try to bring it back with use of windows restore but I wanna know why it disappeared. That is maybe the reason why a...