Windows 10: Ongoing Home Network Issues

Discus and support Ongoing Home Network Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 a few years ago, my four computer home network has been an almost continuous headache. All four computers - two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bfatzinger, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Ongoing Home Network Issues

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 a few years ago, my four computer home network has been an almost continuous headache. All four computers - two desktops and two laptops are relatively new I-7 newer versions with robust capabilities. I have been forced to reset the network on each of the computers after the last several upgrades. Even after resetting the network, I have nagging issues. The latest irritation is that when attempting to access files from a laptop to a desktop, several steps are required. First, I can only access the media file. Then, after attempting to access the already shared "documents" folder, I am advised that I do not have permission. I then have to type in my MS password. That seems to work for a day or so. Then I have to go through the same steps again. I am signed into both computers with my MS account. I have gone through myriad steps to repair the network connections. I have also reset the network connections several times. I don't understand why this is such a problem. I never had problems with the old Windows 7 home group network. Is there something I am missing?

:)

bfatzinger, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 19, 2020
  3. mrw1986 Win User
    [Case Gallery]   mrw1986's Rig

Thanks for the suggestion, but after a lot of homework I've decided on the Corsair, this whole list has been ongoing since February and it's my final list *Smile Ongoing Home Network Issues :)

mrw1986, Feb 19, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Ongoing Home Network Issues

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Ongoing Home Network Issues

1. Ongoing Home Network Issues - Similar Threads - Ongoing Home Network

2. Ongoing BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing BSOD issues: Hello,I've had ongoing BSOD issues with my PC since building it nearly 4 years ago. Sometimes it's once per week, sometimes I'll go a month without seeing one. Lately they've been happening nearly every day. A significant majority of them I'd say ~80% happen when the computer...
  3. Ongoing Windows issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing Windows issues: I'm having ongoing Windows issues. Contacted Microsoft support. The agent said it was a "known problem" and a future version of Windows would fix the problem.That was months ago. When the issue didn't correct itself with more updates Windows is set to update automatically,...
  4. Bluescreen ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen ongoing issue: My Asus G15 GA502IU keeps crashing or bluescreen-ing. The lastest crash was this.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: aParameter 1: 8Parameter 2: 2Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: fffff8026b52d951OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  5. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing issue: I have a Dell laptop. I get the black screen critical process died while using it. When it goes to reboot, then the message is no bootable devices found. When I force shutdown, it restarts normal and is fine for a while until bsod appears again. I went through all the steps...
  6. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing issue: I have a Dell laptop. I get the black screen critical process died while using it. When it goes to reboot, then the message is no bootable devices found. When I force shutdown, it restarts normal and is fine for a while until bsod appears again. I went through all the steps...
  7. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Ongoing BSOD issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ongoing BSOD issue: PC will run fine nothing wrong with it. But whenever I shut it down and try to start it back up its just a barrage of errors and I cannot start it without going back to a restore point. I fully updated windows and all my drivers are downloaded. Please help submitted by...
  9. Trying to find solution to ongoing network issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to find solution to ongoing network issues.: I know MS killed the support for the SMB 1 protocol. After trying all the so called trick to no avail and also uninstalled the SMB 1 protocol and just left the SMB installed and tried the MS trick to enable the network discovery as outlined in the article,...
  10. ongoing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    ongoing issues: I did the upgrade from 7 to 10. Had issues and contacted microsoft help. Tech said I needed to create a new profile which they did for me. My start button works in my old profile but I can't access my files there. If I switch profiles to the new one, my start button is...