Windows 10: Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

Discus and support Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Folks,My Win Update process has failed numerous times over the past 2 months.I have had 2 separate online support sessions with Microsoft support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ted and Micha, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

Folks,My Win Update process has failed numerous times over the past 2 months.I have had 2 separate online support sessions with Microsoft support staff. The staff have been great but to no avail. Both have taken over the laptop and checked many of my settings first. Both have then taken my Norton 386 system and disabled it during their work. Today, Jan 28, once again I saw that the system was warning that an update was required. I tried the Win Update and after a couple of hours it failed and all the changes were automatically reversed. Not sure where to go with this.Ted

:)

Ted and Micha, Jan 28, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Can I go from Windows 10 22H2 to Windows 11 21H2

Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 11 21H2 from a Windows 10 22H2 build? We have ran in to some issues with Windows 11 22H2 on our network, but Windows 11 21H2 works perfectly.

DavidMoore_917, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

1. Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update - Similar Threads - Ongoing issues 21H2

2. Ongoing Windows issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing Windows issues: I'm having ongoing Windows issues. Contacted Microsoft support. The agent said it was a "known problem" and a future version of Windows would fix the problem.That was months ago. When the issue didn't correct itself with more updates Windows is set to update automatically,...
  3. Ongoing Windows issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing Windows issues: I'm having ongoing Windows issues. Contacted Microsoft support. The agent said it was a "known problem" and a future version of Windows would fix the problem.That was months ago. When the issue didn't correct itself with more updates Windows is set to update automatically,...
  4. Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update: Folks,My Win Update process has failed numerous times over the past 2 months.I have had 2 separate online support sessions with Microsoft support staff. The staff have been great but to no avail. Both have taken over the laptop and checked many of my settings first. Both have...
  5. Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing issues with Windows 10 21H2 to 22H2 update: Folks,My Win Update process has failed numerous times over the past 2 months.I have had 2 separate online support sessions with Microsoft support staff. The staff have been great but to no avail. Both have taken over the laptop and checked many of my settings first. Both have...
  6. Windows 10 21H2 was unexpectedly updated to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H2 was unexpectedly updated to 22H2: Hi Good day!I would like to confirm if there are any way we could track how KB5015684 22H2 Feature update was installed?In our organization, auto install of update was turned-off via GPO.We would need to find out how KB5015684 was pushed or initiated.Thank you in advance....
  7. Windows 10 21H2 was unexpectedly updated to 22H2

Windows 10 21H2 was unexpectedly updated to 22H2: Hi Good day!I would like to confirm if there are any way we could track how KB5015684 22H2 Feature update was installed?In our organization, auto install of update was turned-off via GPO.We would need to find out how KB5015684 was pushed or initiated.Thank you in advance....
  8. Windows 10 21H2 was unexpectedly updated to 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing issue: I have a Dell laptop. I get the black screen critical process died while using it. When it goes to reboot, then the message is no bootable devices found. When I force shutdown, it restarts normal and is fine for a while until bsod appears again. I went through all the steps...
  10. ongoing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    ongoing issues: I did the upgrade from 7 to 10. Had issues and contacted microsoft help. Tech said I needed to create a new profile which they did for me. My start button works in my old profile but I can't access my files there. If I switch profiles to the new one, my start button is...