Windows 10: ongoing issues

Discus and support ongoing issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did the upgrade from 7 to 10. Had issues and contacted microsoft help. Tech said I needed to create a new profile which they did for me. My start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sammyj, Jan 18, 2016.

1. sammyj Win User

ongoing issues

I did the upgrade from 7 to 10. Had issues and contacted microsoft help. Tech said I needed to create a new profile which they did for me.
    My start button works in my old profile but I can't access my files there.
    If I switch profiles to the new one, my start button is broke however I can get into all my files.
    So how do I fix this mess?
    Tried the power shell thing with sfc /scan now, it came back with no problems.

:)

sammyj, Jan 18, 2016
  2. rbaldock Win User

N97 mini ongoing issues ...

Hi all,

I've had an N97 Mini signed to a monthly contract with Vodafone for some 4 weeks now. No contractual issues but the phone is driving me nuts!! I love the phone, but ..........

The Wi-Fi doesn't seem to hold a connection for more than.. shall we say ... 2 minutes! - Therefore, causing me an extra £14.00 in data charges from the first month!

Emails don't update without a a forced "send and receive" regardless of settings....

Randomly turns itself off during calls... E.g.. chatting away.. it turns off .. reboots ... takes you back to the home screen..

Not enough memory (or similar) when trying to open Apps. .. even though I have sod all open

Battery life if useless!! Never last more than a day, regardless of how much use. Can jump from 4 bars to dead in the space of an hour with no use.. just turns off!

Slow response using the touch screen - sometimes take up to 10 seconds to switch between apps?

Internet Browser - Apart from being useless, randomly crashes, hangs, selecting "go to" just ends up sitting doing nothing (intermittently)

I could go on all day ...

I think I have most of the firmware upgrades (if any) and am pretty proficient when it comes to **bleep** like this ...

Anyone else having similar issues that can help? ...

Otherwise... phone WILL be returned, regardless of whether Vodafone like it or not!

rbaldock, Jan 18, 2016
  3. N97 mini ongoing issues ...

agree with you on the battery life - its shocking

lilies---01, Jan 18, 2016
  4. sunberg Win User

ongoing issues

Try this: Right click on Start menu icon and select REBOOT. If right click doesn't work, press ctrl+alt+del and select Reboot from there. Shutdown doesn't fix it, only Reboot!

sunberg, Jan 18, 2016
  5. sammyj Win User
    That did nothing. Can't open up action center either and when I click on date the calendar does not come up.

sammyj, Jan 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Do a Repair Install, otherwise known as Upgrade Install.
    Use one of the 2 links below to download the iso file............
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT ) :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Jan 18, 2016
  7. sammyj Win User
    Ok, did all that and ended up with same mess, same problems.
    If I need to do a fresh install and lose everything I might as well switch to linux.

sammyj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ongoing issues

1. ongoing issues - Similar Threads - ongoing issues

2. Ongoing issue with WHEA bsod's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing issue with WHEA bsod's: been an ongoing issue for about a year now and every time I check Whocrashed for some sort of direction I get a report about genuineintel.sys but I've already checked intel processor diagnostic tool several times and had no issues and temps are all within normal parameters....
  3. Ongoing issue with WHEA bsod's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing issue with WHEA bsod's: been an ongoing issue for about a year now and every time I check Whocrashed for some sort of direction I get a report about genuineintel.sys but I've already checked intel processor diagnostic tool several times and had no issues and temps are all within normal parameters....
  4. Ongoing issue with WHEA bsod's

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Trojan Malware ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Malware ongoing issue: Please help:I have been trying to get rid of this for awhile now.This can not be detected by any programs such as Malwarebytes, Norton, or others.I believe it is a Spyboy variant.FRST logs...
  6. Trojan Malware ongoing issue

Trojan Malware ongoing issue: Please help:I have been trying to get rid of this for awhile now.This can not be detected by any programs such as Malwarebytes, Norton, or others.I believe it is a Spyboy variant.FRST logs...
  7. Trojan Malware ongoing issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand: I've sporadically had an issue with blue screens or restarts but it would be every few weeks or so. I have yet to see any error when doing memory test and several other test for hardware failure. However today instead of using speedfan to check my temperature, I used hardware...
  9. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand: I've sporadically had an issue with blue screens or restarts but it would be every few weeks or so. I have yet to see any error when doing memory test and several other test for hardware failure. However today instead of using speedfan to check my temperature, I used hardware...
  10. Hello, I've had an inconsistent ongoing issue, but I feel the solution is close at hand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging