Windows 10: Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

Discus and support Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 500-123a PC running Windows 10 which has been freezing and crashing frequently. I have attempted several diagnostic and fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdcallison89, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

I have an HP Pavilion 500-123a PC running Windows 10 which has been freezing and crashing frequently.

I have attempted several diagnostic and fix options about which I have posted to this forum before, though the difficulty thus far is unresolved.

In particular sfc/scannow does not complete; halts at 56% with the message ‘Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation’.

I also attempted a Repair Install using the Media Creation Tool iso file. This was initiated in the administrator account (PC has two accounts) and got to 97% when it failed with the error message ‘We couldn’t install Windows 10’, ‘The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during PRE_OOBE operation,’ error code 0x8007002C-0x4001E.

The diagnostic software PC Health Advisor only came up with 2 registry issues, without specifying further.

The Dism tool was OK however reporting ‘The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully.’

Given that the PC is still freezing/crashing at this stage I am perplexed regarding how to arrive at a diagnosis and fix and, again, if anyone has encountered problems of this kind or has any insights into possible attempts at a remedy this would be much appreciated.

:)

jdcallison89, Jan 19, 2016

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL While playing games

Hello,

Occasionally while playing a game on my PC it will freeze and then a few seconds later go to a BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Driver Verify created a minidump but I do not know how to open the .dmp or how to examine it to see what causes this crash.

This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've tried re-installing and updating multiple drivers to no prevail. Please help!

Thank you,

-Andrew

andrew49andrew, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 scaling display causing explorer crashes

I beg to differ. Just ran into what I believe to be scaling problem with the last Windows 10 upgrade. First and unrelated with scaling was the problem that the upgrade changed my default printer (Canon) to a Microsoft printer driver. Very strange. Then
    started to have issues with random crashes. Simply put the screen goes blank and the computer freezes. Scaling was set to 200%. I shutdown scaling. As crashes are random requiring reboot I can't as yet be sure the problem is fixed. However I am sure the last
    update heavily messed with my computer causing ongoing problems.

NancyEuclid, Jan 19, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

Hi,
    Try the following and it may help, download System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft and run it, select the stand alone installer, this might rectify some of the corrupted files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

brummyfan, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Is your BIOS up to date as that COULD cause the freezing and crashing
    I know I had that trouble in windows 8.1 and before upgrading to 10 my BIOS was updated and have had no problem since.
    Also disabled IE11 which was giving problem since using Edge again no problems at all.

hTconeM9user, Jan 19, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Follow brummyfan advice and see if that fixes the problem.
    Forget about "disable" IE11.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  7. Thanks once again for advice. I am away from the computer a fair amount, but will address just as soon as I can get back to it.

jdcallison89, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

1. Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing - Similar Threads - Ongoing Problem Freezing

2. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  3. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  4. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD Ongoing Crash Help

BSOD Ongoing Crash Help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AthJsTD3ULYUgR2HajuzZRQCvlbA?e=FAGkYx Hi All. My Dell inspiron 7506 purchased in January of this year, running on Windows 10 Home, 20H2 has had repeated BSOD crashes. It recently needed a BIOS update so I attributed the previous issues to that, but...
  6. PC Crashing / Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Crashing / Freezing: To start with not sure if it's just a windows issue or a hardware issue yet. I can be playing games or just be in chrome. It will start with the audio repeating the second it's on whether it be a song or in-game sound. Then applications will slowly stop working. Then the...
  7. Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes: Hi there, I'm hoping y'all can help with this since I've tried everything I can think of and that I can find online, without success. I have deployed a single Windows 10 workstation in my small business environment and have had ongoing Windows 10 crashes and freezes. This...
  8. PC Freezing and Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Freezing and Crashing: Hello, I would like to ask for help because the past month my PC has been freezing and crashing I have Reseted it and install a new copy of windows if you can help that will be amazing...
  9. Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing: I have an HP Pavilion 500-123a PC running Windows 10 which has been freezing and crashing frequently. I have attempted several diagnostic and fix options about which I have posted to this forum before, though the difficulty thus far is unresolved. In particular...
  10. Ongoing problem with freeze up on mostly windows programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ongoing problem with freeze up on mostly windows programs.: A couple of weeks ago I posted this question and asked for help. [I had some files on my Softmaker office program that I wanted to put copies of on my desktop for easy access while I was working on a project. Instead of those few (a dozen or so) it pet all of them on and it...