Windows 10: Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

Discus and support Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every day, my Event Viewer shows the same warnings twice: Event 134, Time-service. The message is: "NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoomerM3, Sep 24, 2018.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

Every day, my Event Viewer shows the same warnings twice: Event 134, Time-service. The message is: "NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'." I have tried most of the 'solutions' found on the internet and none resolve the error.

I have tried both 'time.windows.com' and 'time.nist.gov' and both settings report the error. The 0x9 is not part of the option. The system time is not wrong. I don't have any DNS errors on the system. I would like to eliminate the warning from the event viewer.

Anyone know what causes the error or if there is really a fix?

Thanks.

Peter

:)

BoomerM3, Sep 24, 2018

2. Eventid 134 time service

Hi Gerben,

Let us try resolving your concern with Eventid 134 time service. We suggest that you try changing/updating your time server. We have found this
    thread that has similar concern. It includes a possible resolution provided by
    Irfan H. Other Community members found it helpful.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 24, 2018
  3. pm1_ Win User
    windows time service

Windows 10 Time Service Event Warning 134

Back in 2009, "by default, computers running the Windows Time service attempt to synchronize time *only with a domain controller *or a manually configured time source. Currently, the Windows Time service is synchronizing with a manually configured time source
    peer (as opposed to a time source peer from the domain hierarchy)."

An Interesting place to start for more 'current' information:

https://windowssecrets.com/forums/s...w-the-song-quot-Time-(not)-Is-On-My-Side-quot

*** Be sure to take a look at the half dozen-or-so links posted by users of the Forum.

4. Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

Eventid 134 time service

I've already changed the server yesterday.

It updates or syncs., just fine throughout the day and if i did a /query /status, you'd see it did sync last night without issues.

Next morning with startup, 3x timeouts again the only difference being its that server (as specified in my opening post) mentioned in the eventID instead of the time.windows.com server.

I got no clue why every official server seems to time out when the computer starts up.

Now i were to somehow sync right now, and shut the system off, and start it up again.. it will not mention time service errors.

I've tested that yesterday aswell.

Also why is there an apparant need to sync every single hour or day even!.. isnt that supposed to be only like once a week? (cause i kept an eye on it when it was syncing / updating during the day, it was like every hour that i saw a new timestamp about
    it succesfully syncing and whatnot)

I will try adding a custom server like pool.ntp.org and see if that makes a difference.

Edit : i've glanced over the other thread you mentioned.

I notice in my regeditor it mentions under specialpollinterval 32786

Specialpolltimeremaining however is listed as time.windows.com, 7d743dd

I get the feeling something aint quite right with that?

Small edit : i noticed if i look at the date/time settings - internettimeservers it will say it synced at 8:00, but if i use query status in prompt it mentions it was succesfull last night at 20:13, and leap indicator will be on 3 now. (instead of 0)

I've now changed it to nl.pool.ntp.org and that synced immediatly without issues.

But in my previous edit i think the interval is wrong? Shouldnt it be no less then something like 86400 or somesuch? (as the other thread mentioned)

I calculated it, not too hard ofcourse lol, but it wants to sync every 9 hours..? that seems a bit much..?

I'll wait for a reply to be sure, sorry for the lengthy post, i just want to be thorough.

GerbenS_1980, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134)

1. Ongoing Time-Service Warning (Event 134) - Similar Threads - Ongoing Service Warning

2. event log warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  3. event log warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  4. Event warning help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event warning help: After having to replace my laptop screen I now get an event warning saying ''Device DISPLAY\CMN1545\4&188e172d&1&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match' now my laptop switches off after being on for awhile. I'm not sure these are related but it's some...
  5. Event Warning 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Warning 10016: Hi, I'm running Windows 11 OS Build 22000.348 and i've clean installed it from Windows 10 but i've started to receive this warning in event log The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  6. Event ID 134 Time Service Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 134 Time Service Error: Microsoft Team, I believe that after months of trial and error research, I have found the source of the "Event ID 134 Time Service error on my 2 PC's. It appears to occur only when the computers awakens from "Sleep Mode". It never seems to occur if the computers are...
  7. Warning Event 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning Event 10016: The computer often freezes for 3-6 seconds and makes a weird noise. Please help! Event id 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  8. Security SPP and Time-Service events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security SPP and Time-Service events: Hello, I have noticed today those inforamtion in the event logs that concerns me : Event 16394, Security SPP - migration on the lower level in offline mode was preformed successfully Event 16384, Security SPP - scheduled a restart of application protection service at...
  9. Security SPP and Time-Service events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security SPP and Time-Service events: Hello, I have noticed today those inforamtion in the event logs that concerns me : Event 16394, Security SPP - migration on the lower level in offline mode was preformed successfully Event 16384, Security SPP - scheduled a restart of application protection service at...
  10. event viewer warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    event viewer warnings: [img] HI How important is it to sort out warning errors. I often have a lot like this. I dont understand what they say but am happy to post a few if people here think they should be sorted thank you in advance 145291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 134 time-service windows 10

2. warning 134 time service

3. time service 134 windows 10

4. evento 134 Timeservice