Windows 10: Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

Discus and support Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm hoping y'all can help with this since I've tried everything I can think of and that I can find online, without success. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DukeLetoII, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

Hi there, I'm hoping y'all can help with this since I've tried everything I can think of and that I can find online, without success.

I have deployed a single Windows 10 workstation in my small business environment and have had ongoing Windows 10 crashes and freezes. This issue manifests randomly, but always in the same way.

An application in use (typically Outlook or Quickbooks) will stop responding. As you try to terminate the application or launch another (like the task manager or event viewer), Windows itself becomes unresponsive. Symptoms include the task bar disappearing, and desktop turning black without icons any longer. Programs stuck in their "greyed out" (not responsive) state. Any attempt at launching an application (I usually try Task manager) simply doesn't do anything. I have included a picture I took with my phone of the frozen desktop, so you can see for yourself:

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes 6cdc6813-5b04-4366-828e-26ef7d69ba7a?upload=true.png

I have left it in this state for at least an hour, and it never seems to recover. Each time this occurs I have to do a hard shutdown. The computer will come up and work fine for another 0-7 days. As mentioned, this happens rather randomly. Each time after a freeze I've gone through event viewer looking for clues, but there are only dcom permission errors which Microsoft instructs to ignore.

At the outset I'd begun with the typical dism and sfc scans thinking it was a problem with that particular Windows 10 installation. These never solved the issue, so I then thought perhaps it was hardware related. So, I replaced the workstation with another, also with a clean install of Windows 10. The problem still occurred.

I'm now on my 3rd set of hardware (and software, since each time I replace the workstation I start fresh), and yet the problem persists. Therefore, I feel that I have entirely ruled out hardware and that the problem must lie somehow with either an external peripheral (like a printer, or input/output device) or with this specific stack of software.

I'm currently using Windows 10 (1809), but I have also had this issue on slightly older builds as well.

The Quickbooks version is Enterprise Desktop 19 (R6P).

Below is a screenshot of all the applications installed:

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes 953872f2-82b6-4e97-9f2f-3037e302e294?upload=true.png

This workstation is part of a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain.

Other things I've found in related topics online and tried:

- Turning off PCI Express Link State Power Management

- Updating Graphics drivers

If I can provide any other details, please let me know.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

:)

DukeLetoII, Apr 22, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 22, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 22, 2019
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

SiSig_, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

1. Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes - Similar Threads - Ongoing Crashes Freezes

2. Windows 11 Instability Crashes Failures and Ongoing Inferiority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Instability Crashes Failures and Ongoing Inferiority: Windows 11constantly fails. I can't peforrm my job in education field as result. Microsoft is incapable of improving. My brand new machine is not just underperforming but crashing constantly. A great person helped me yesterday to reinstall and make new account but I am right...
  3. Windows 11 Instability Crashes Failures and Ongoing Inferiority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Instability Crashes Failures and Ongoing Inferiority: Windows 11constantly fails. I can't peforrm my job in education field as result. Microsoft is incapable of improving. My brand new machine is not just underperforming but crashing constantly. A great person helped me yesterday to reinstall and make new account but I am right...
  4. Windows 10 crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing/freezing: Hi, Windows 10 has been crashing quite an awful amount of times lately and I really need help. Whenever my computer is on games, doing simple tasks or even just at idle, my computer randomly crashes. I've never had problems until I installed a new ssd to my computer and had...
  5. BSOD Ongoing Crash Help

BSOD Ongoing Crash Help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AthJsTD3ULYUgR2HajuzZRQCvlbA?e=FAGkYx Hi All. My Dell inspiron 7506 purchased in January of this year, running on Windows 10 Home, 20H2 has had repeated BSOD crashes. It recently needed a BIOS update so I attributed the previous issues to that, but...
  6. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Windows 10 freezes and crashes: While watching youtube, the screen would freeze, audio would continue for a little bit and then the computer will crash and reboot. This is a new computer that I built. I'm thinking it might be a GPU problem, when using a GTX 970, this wouldn't happen. AMD 5900x Gigabyte...
  7. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Windows 10 freezes and crashes: Since the day I installed W10 (which was way back in September) I've been getting random freezes and crashes with buzzing noises. I've recently looked up some solutions and tried them all: changing my power plan settings, updating drivers, turning off most of the background...
  8. Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing: I have an HP Pavilion 500-123a PC running Windows 10 which has been freezing and crashing frequently. I have attempted several diagnostic and fix options about which I have posted to this forum before, though the difficulty thus far is unresolved. In particular...
  9. Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Ongoing Problem with PC Freezing/Crashing: I have an HP Pavilion 500-123a PC running Windows 10 which has been freezing and crashing frequently. I have attempted several diagnostic and fix options about which I have posted to this forum before, though the difficulty thus far is unresolved. In particular...
  10. Ongoing problem with freeze up on mostly windows programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ongoing problem with freeze up on mostly windows programs.: A couple of weeks ago I posted this question and asked for help. [I had some files on my Softmaker office program that I wanted to put copies of on my desktop for easy access while I was working on a project. Instead of those few (a dozen or so) it pet all of them on and it...