Windows 10: Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent?

Discus and support Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Was the victim of a potential hacking which turned out fine so far..but the screen of my computer instantly changed to an Warning alert, with a page... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sandra LInd, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent?

Was the victim of a potential hacking which turned out fine so far..but the screen of my computer instantly changed to an Warning alert, with a page behind it that said. Windows with logo...in front was a black small window stating the severe importance of calling the number listed...my computer actually stopped working and I could not get off the page no matter what I tried....I was afraid to shut the computer down because I had just gotten it back from Best Buy for repairs...its a very long story but I was scammed.....and beware this alert is very convincing...what happened afterward is too long to mention.....will try to break it down...was on the phone with the so called Microsoft tech who had a very slight Indian accent , he was terrifically knowledgeable and convincing....so I thought it was Microsoft ...he had gone through almost the whole day being on the phone with me trying to fix the computer....I had gone through this before years ago with Microsoft but now things are far different.... Fake Microsoft man had access to my computer...and even downloaded malware from Microsoft into my computer...so you would think this is legit right? Red flags came up in my head because I was so very upset due to the fact he had told me my personal information had been compromised which meant everything I had..from cell phone which he told me not to use until he told me to..another red flag......and talking to a bank rep that he connected me to due to the fact I couldn't use my phone as he told me and my computer was frozen... at this point of time I was going numb from anxiety.....he wanted me to go to these stores in the area to see if I can get gift cards to put the remainder of my AFFECTED credit cards balance on because the transaction that was supposedly made on it which I didn't make on July 4th was for a whopping 2000 bucks...and I never make transactions this high on my credit cards. when he connected to my bank..or wherever it was....(I was trusting him cause of the professionalism and his knowledge) the woman I spoke to at my bank was a bit nerved up and seemed to insist that the transaction I made the previously day on my card was in the process of going through and she was insisting I made this transaction saying that my bank had called me to alert me of this transaction and emailed me also.....there were no such emails or text messages or phone calls...I keep very close eye on my accounts.....after a while of what seemed to be a FAKE bank person I was speaking to who may have been in cohoots with this fake Microsoft guy.....I was out looking for these stores for these cards that had to be specific cards...another red flag....well...these stores were not your regular stores , one was Food Max and the other a stop and shop..both of which had no cards of what Fake Microsoft man wanted me to get.....which I guess was lucky for me....as stupid as I felt after I calmed down after I got home and told him that when I was on my way.....the phone call terminated unexpectedly as I had the cellphone on my front seat opened up....he disappeared off the map after that....I called my bank, and recalled Microsoft on the same number that this Fake Microsoft guy called me on...it was the only number I had for them....I did get aother Microsoft guy who then I was very leary of cause he didn't sound at all professional or up to steam on things....he asked for information and I didn't say a word this time......so far....my personal information is ok....been checking frequently and callng my bank personally....also...cancelled my old credit cards..and got new accounts, changed passwon rds and will be extra careful with online sites.....I don't know if this Microsoft guy was legit....but him not calling back and confirming my computer was ok...seemed strange after almost 3 hours of this going on.....the online alert is very scarey and real and the clincher was my computer actually shut down...so was this a legit Microsoft guy helping me oout or was it a scam???? that's my big question.

:)

sandra LInd, Jul 6, 2019

2. Windows OS Builds List

Windows Operating Systems Builds List by Matthew Smith
    *Many Builds Are Subject To Change Due To Various Sources
    NOTE: the listing titles are in order from the order in the actual list, anything added in v8 will show which beta it was updated in to keep you guys informed on what changes were made where, as of 8.0 BETA 8, 7.1 is obsolete, but will keep it up to show how many changes I've made.
    Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent? [​IMG]

NOTE 2: each new list version doesn't just come up with more builds but might come with renaming/removing/replacing of the builds aswel to show proper release names such as,
    Release Candidate, RTM, Pre-Beta, etc.
    Enjoy
    Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent? [​IMG]

Windows OS Builds Lists - http://www.T4CFantasy.com/WOS/
    Currently 5583 Builds Listed
    Microsoft DOS / OS/2 (Currently 118 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft BASIC (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Xenix (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 1.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 2.x (Currently 18 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 3.x (Currently 27 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 4.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 5.x (Currently 23 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 6.x (Currently 24 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 7.x (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 8.x (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

Microsoft Windows Emedded CE (Currently 138 Builds Listed)
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 1.x (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 2.x (Currently 9 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 3.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 4.x (Currently 9 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 5.x (Currently 45 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.x (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 (Currently 32 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 8 (Currently 30 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Currently 5316 Builds Listed)
    - Microsoft Windows 1.x (Currently 14 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 2.x (Currently 10 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 3.x (Currently 59 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 3.x For Workgroups (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows For Pen Computing 1.0 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 4
    - Microsoft Windows For Pen Computing 2.0 (Currently 1 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 3
    - Microsoft Windows NT 3.1x (Currently 31Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows NT 3.5x (Currently 78 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 1.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows NT 4.x (Currently 104 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 4.0 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 4.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Terminal Server 4.0 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Small Business Server 4.0 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 95 (Currently 224 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 96 / Nashville (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Alpha 4a
    - Microsoft Windows 97 / Memphis (Currently 12 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Alpha 4a
    - Microsoft Windows 98 (Currently 151 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Me (Currently 58 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 2000 (Currently 279 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 2000 (Currently 2 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 9
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Neptune (Currently 8 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Beta 2
    - Microsoft Windows XP (Currently 1226 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows XP Embedded (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 6
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Currently 186 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 R2 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.0.0 BETA 4
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded for Point of Service (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Vista (Currently 713 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Currently 483 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 7 (Currently 580 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (Currently 364 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 (Currently 8 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 (Currently 12 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Server 2008 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Beta 1
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.0.1 BETA 2
    - Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008 (Currently 14 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Foundation (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 6
    - Microsoft Windows Home Server (Currently 20 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 (Currently 10 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 7
    - Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2010 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.0.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 7
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 7 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows Thin PC (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows 8 (Currently 419 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Currently 161 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

T4C Fantasy, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent?

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent?

1. Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent? - Similar Threads - Online alert small

2. Recurring small black windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recurring small black windows: I get multiple small black windows and then diappear or I have to delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recurring-small-black-windows/6cbb0530-8965-4157-818e-63a2517e725f
  3. Win10 Windows Defender bogus scan alert

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Windows Defender bogus scan alert: [ATTACH] How do I get rid of this alert? There is no such app currently installed, I uninstalled it on February 11 when this notice first popped up. And I've even gone into the listed paths and deleted the uTorrent folders. I've also scanned my Registry for any references...
  4. Virus Alert from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Alert from Microsoft: Hi, my mom was trying to access Facebook on our family Dell laptop on chrome. Suddenly, the laptop began to ring an alarm and began to say "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your ips address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit...
  5. Bogus Microsoft messages

Bogus Microsoft messages: Why cannot/does not Windows "DEFENDER" prevent the frequent messages that appear on this computer stating that Microsoft has detected a malfunction and we need to contact the support phone number given immediately. The whole thing almost looks genuine and must fool lots of...
  6. MICROSOFT Updates 7/31/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MICROSOFT Updates 7/31/19: IN this update Before it started I had windows 10 on my computer after the updates installed it started to Boot up and got to the password to get to Desktop every thing I put in was wrong I tried so much to get in I don't remember what got me to the Desktop.well when it come...
  7. Alert from microsoft

Alert from microsoft: Just recently when I went to a new site I was suddenly hit when an alert saying 'Alert from Microsoft. Your computer is infected...' yada, yada, yada, you get the idea. Though I performed a scan and it said no threats were found, I wonder if my computer and all my stuff...
  8. Windows Update done at 4 AM on 4/9/19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update done at 4 AM on 4/9/19: My desktop crashed, and I have tried every option that HP lists to get in to my computer. The message is that it cannot restart. When I restored it back to the most recent update, it said that there was an update run on 4/9 at 4 AM. So the automatic update is what crashed...
  9. windows 7 virus alert

windows 7 virus alert: Hi I keep getting a virus alert saying I have 3 trojan virus, but when I try to close the windows it wont let me. So I shut down my computer and it goes for about 4 days. My computer is covered by AVG who closed the windows defender side of it....
  10. Virus alert from microsoft

Virus alert from microsoft: This computer is blocked message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-alert-from-microsoft/c2d3294f-6612-4628-959f-be4911d95ed7