Windows 10: Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.

Discus and support Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason videos will not play on Microsoft Store apps or on the Microsoft edge browser. For example, I am not able to stream videos through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmtrst, Aug 7, 2019.

1. cmtrst Win User

Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.

For some reason videos will not play on Microsoft Store apps or on the Microsoft edge browser. For example, I am not able to stream videos through the Netflix or Hulu applications. I am also not able to watch downloaded videos from the default Movies & TV application (though sometimes a video clip will play one time, without audio, before freezing). However, I am able to stream videos (including netflix and hulu) via google chrome and Firefox perfectly fine. Audio streaming through Spotify, a Microsoft Store app, works as well. However, if I attempt to play a video through microsoft edge or a microsoft store app, I cannot watch videos on google chrome or firefox until I have restarted the laptop. Youtube videos on google chrome display "Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer" following an attempt to watch a video in one of the Microsoft applications. I have already attempted clearing the cache on microsoft edge and turning on software rendering within the "internet options" control panel. I also ensured that all of my drivers were up to date using the dell SupportAssist program. Moreover, I factory reset the device two times, but that did not solve the issue either. The device in question is a fairly new XPS 15.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

cmtrst, Aug 7, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10. NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.

No Video Playback

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause video clips not to play on Xbox App.
    It is possible that your video card drivers are not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play videos using other applications on your PC?
    • Have you tried to check if offline videos are playing on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested steps under Troubleshooting video or display problems
    on this
    link
    to resolve the issue.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10.

1. Online and offline videos will not play on windows 10. - Similar Threads - Online offline videos

2. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  3. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  4. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with playing online videos on Windows 10 HOME Version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with playing online videos on Windows 10 HOME Version 1903: This problem only started about 5 days ago. My Windows 10 Home is up to date, but I can’t play web videos on either my Firefox or Edge browser. I tried viewing several videos of all sorts on both browsers with no luck. One Example: I tried to see a video on...
  6. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...
  7. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.: Printer defaults to "OFFLINE" I want default to be ONLINE ??? ***Changed Original Title From: Windows 10 printer*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-onlineoffline-status/5a089008-6ae7-4f18-9d45-66b2a6fe98d9
  8. my hp notes online video play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hp notes online video play: y i cant watch videos online they either go str8 to download or they wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-notes-online-video-play/894d2375-063e-40ae-abdd-817a4acb8de5
  9. Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10: Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-any-videos-online-after-updating/5ebbbe12-7b72-49d7-a0c3-44247d7643a1
  10. Online and offline videos show only a green screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Online and offline videos show only a green screen.: I know this isn't the first time this has been asked, and I have gone through and done every proposed solution to this problem I could find. No video, be it offline via Movie Player, or online on Facebook or YouTube or such, plays. I see only a green screen. Things I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not playing videos offline