Windows 10: Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!

Discus and support Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I've been using this pc for a few months without trouble. I use it to play online games such as Heroes of the Storm and mmos but recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by moistfob, May 18, 2017.

1. moistfob Win User

Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!

Hi there

I've been using this pc for a few months without trouble. I use it to play online games such as Heroes of the Storm and mmos but recently online applications have been taking up extreme amounts of bandwidth.

I originally thought it was malware of some kind but even after a total reset of the computer i still have this problem.

Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help! [​IMG]

That will often go up to 100,000,000 B/sec

After plugging in an ethernet cable, i still have the same issue. Help!

:)

moistfob, May 18, 2017
  2. Aliyo7 Win User

Service Host: Local System (16)

Windows 10, DSL internet with approx 120kbp speed. When the Service Host: Local System (16) utilizes the internet it uses up all the bandwidth preventing use of the internet and online gaming for an indeterminate amount of time without warning. Is there
    a way I can schedule a time for this feature to do its business or limit its impact on my bandwidth? I cannot disable it without windows potentially shutting down. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Aliyo7, May 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 upgrade is too great - taking too much monthly internet

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that, the internet usage and bandwidth will depend on the amount of data you browse to access internet from browser/apps/any other third party applications. You may disable/uninstall the apps which you do not
    use as you mentioned in the query. This may help you to reduce the consumption of internet bandwidth.

I suggest you to refer to the below article for more information on Windows 10.

Windows 10 FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 18, 2017
Thema:

Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help!

1. Online Applications using extreme amounts of bandwidth -- need help! - Similar Threads - Online Applications using

2. Need help using memory bitmaps in a graphics application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help using memory bitmaps in a graphics application: Hi. I am writing a Mandelbrot Set program. The algorithm is quite simple, but it takes 6 seconds to paint the window. I was told that SetPixel is a utilization hog, and that i should use a memory bitmap to directly manipulate the pixels therein and then to select the bitmap...
  3. Need help using memory bitmaps in a graphics application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help using memory bitmaps in a graphics application: Hi. I am writing a Mandelbrot Set program. The algorithm is quite simple, but it takes 6 seconds to paint the window. I was told that SetPixel is a utilization hog, and that i should use a memory bitmap to directly manipulate the pixels therein and then to select the bitmap...
  4. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  5. Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host using up insane amount of bandwidth.: I've looked through countless threads but can't find anything that fixes my issue. The Service Host task on my pc is using up an insane amount of bandwidth, the network usage is at a constant 30mps and it's using about 1gb of data per minute, I've done extensive scans on my...
  6. Managing a large amount of pcs using online microsoft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Managing a large amount of pcs using online microsoft accounts: Greetings everyone, my company provides technical support and deployment of windows pcs to around a dozen different institutions.We like being to manage and track these pcs by using an online Microsoft account because this allows us to sign in to a page where we can manage...
  7. "System" is using an insane amount of internet bandwidth for the past 20 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System" is using an insane amount of internet bandwidth for the past 20 days: "System" has been using a crazy amount of data since December 2nd. It is now to the point where it is using my ENTIRE bandwidth. I really need help with this. I have tried metering my connection, restarting my router, restarting my computer, my account sync is turned off,...
  8. Extreme Bandwidth Usage . Need Help Fast Please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extreme Bandwidth Usage . Need Help Fast Please: My ISP is "sparklight". My plan includes 100mps download speed and i get 300 gb of data each month. Suddenly my usage spiked and i'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I found a windows 10 setting that shows "system" using a ton of bandwidth. I'm in the process of unchecking...
  9. Extreme Bandwidth Usage . Need Help Fast Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Extreme Bandwidth Usage . Need Help Fast Please: My ISP is "sparklight". My plan includes 100mps download speed and i get 300 gb of data each month. Suddenly my usage spiked and i'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I found a windows 10 setting that shows "system" using a ton of bandwidth. I'm in the process of unchecking...
  10. Outlook 2013/2016 using tremendous amounts of bandwidth

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013/2016 using tremendous amounts of bandwidth: Hi, I've read in many forums about Outlook/Office365 using a tremendous amount of bandwidth. I have an office with 10 heavy outlook users, half being delegates of the bosses that have HUGE mailboxes (~15GB) and that refuse to archive emails. They have a 30M internet...