Windows 10: Online Backup Suggestions

Discus and support Online Backup Suggestions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by phrab, May 24, 2021.

1. phrab Win User

Online Backup Suggestions

I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store these images online in a secure place & be able to recover a backup if disaster strikes (computers & external drives stolen, ransomware, fire, etc.). I've been reading about online backup services, but I'm wondering if anyone from this forum can recommend a good solution. Thanks in advance!

:)

phrab, May 24, 2021

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, May 24, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 24, 2021
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Online Backup Suggestions - Similar Threads - Online Backup Suggestions

2. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Some suggestions here based on helping for 14 years in forums with what works best: 1 You can sync your Desktop, Documents and Pictures folder using OneDrive Backup, or just drag...
  3. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Some suggestions here based on helping for 14 years in forums with what works best: 1 You can sync your Desktop, Documents and Pictures folder using OneDrive Backup, or just drag...
  4. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offsite online backup services: I get a message to activate "offsite online backup services" in the Control Panel but cannot get to a screen that will allow me to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  6. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offsite online backup services: I get a message to activate "offsite online backup services" in the Control Panel but cannot get to a screen that will allow me to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  7. Offsite online backup services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Suggestions for external backup solution

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Suggestions for external backup solution: I hope this is the right section. A bit unsure where this question would be best posed. I have (very shamefully) been manually backing up all my work files for pretty much ever. Many years ago, at home solutions just seemed to be.... bad. Haha. Not purposeless and I am sure...
  9. Suggestions for external backup solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suggestions for external backup solution: I hope this is the right section. A bit unsure where this question would be best posed. I have (very shamefully) been manually backing up all my work files for pretty much ever. Many years ago, at home solutions just seemed to be.... bad. Haha. Not purposeless and I am sure...
  10. Win 10 OnLine Games BackUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 OnLine Games BackUp: Re-installing Win10-Restore Misrosoft Games from Current Position I want to Re-install win10, I downloaded many games from Microsoft stores and open many cars in Car Racing games after win. Now how to take backup of these games so after re-install its starts from CURRENT...