Windows 10: Online Friends connection

Discus and support Online Friends connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My friend and I frequently play Minecraft together. We are currently having an issue that we have not been able to solve hence why I am on the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wilesjc, Mar 21, 2020.

1. wilesjc Win User

Online Friends connection

My friend and I frequently play Minecraft together. We are currently having an issue that we have not been able to solve hence why I am on the help page.

He has been working on a cool world and wanted to show me. I try to join and either I immediately get an 'Unable to connect to world' message or after about 15 minutes of waiting I get the same message; he gets the same thing while trying to join my world. We also are members of the same realm and we can both join that just fine. We can both join servers without an issue.

One day I couldn't even see that he was online.

Earlier today I played on a LAN world with my sister and that worked out just fine. I'm really not sure what is going on.

We've been trying at this for about 4 days now.

:)

wilesjc, Mar 21, 2020

2. Building a computer for a friend

Any reason for listing the 3820? Socket 2011 is total overkill for what your looking for. Socket AM3+ would be more appropriate.

My build suggestion, just pick a case your friend likes the looks of. System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 21, 2020
  4. SIcam Win User

XBox: How to remove a "friend"?

How do I remove a "friend" from Xbox in Windows 10?

Background: Xbox auto-suggested friends. I'd never seen the screen, so intended to find out who the first suggested person was by viewing their profile. Was the person from my contact list, or just a random person? Unfortunately, the click caused this
    complete (probably) stranger to be my first "friend." No thanks. I want to know who I'm adding. I don't see any place to remove this stranger.

SIcam, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Online Friends connection - Similar Threads - Online Friends connection

2. Connect printer to online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect printer to online: How do I change online connection for my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-printer-to-online/abef23c1-accf-48d2-bc1e-26fd8c8ec922
  3. Connect printer to online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect printer to online: How do I change online connection for my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-printer-to-online/abef23c1-accf-48d2-bc1e-26fd8c8ec922
  4. Connect printer to online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Friends Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Friends Online: I've been trying to be allowed to be in online multiplayer and add friends, but even after I used this page :https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&activetab=main:privilegetab, it still didn't work. I don't know what to do because the website keeps directing back and...
  6. Xbox App - Friend Not Appearing Online (and Vice Versa)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App - Friend Not Appearing Online (and Vice Versa): My friend and I are friends on Xbox and both have the PC app that we use to game. However he never appears online to me and I never appear online to him. We have unfriended/refriended and uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times but still no luck. It's a PITA as we have to use...
  7. FRIENDS NOT SHOWING ONLINE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FRIENDS NOT SHOWING ONLINE: I AM UNABLE TO SEE MY FRIEND ONLINE IN MINECRAFT AND NEITHER ON THE XBOX COMPANION APP.I HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING,RE-ADDING ACCOUNT BUT NOTHING WORKS.NEED HELP PLS HELP....
  8. No friends online

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No friends online: Its been weeks of being able to play xbox one with friends online, but not being able to see friends or join them or invite them from PC, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-friends-online/9cf63faf-05fa-4b97-997f-54fd20bdf526
  9. Friend connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Friend connect: My friend is playing tribez using ipad and through facebook. I playing tribez through the Microsoft app. I cant play tribez on facebook on my laptop. How so we connect as neighbors?...
  10. Xbox (Beta) friend appears offline but he is online

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox (Beta) friend appears offline but he is online: Hello. My friend and I have a problem in which he can see me online but I only see him offline in the Xbox (beta) app. We have no other friends in the list, we can even have audio chat or text chat normally but since I see him offline we can't play together. We are both...