Windows 10: Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

Discus and support Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkhl100, Apr 14, 2021.

1. mkhl100 Win User

Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

Hello,

If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to Offline/Online the Disk.

I am using W10 Home, this doesn't seem to be there.

Is there a simple way to offline and online a disk which is connected by Sata on W10 Home.

Would such a way stop the disk from spinning.

It would save me having to shut down the computer each time etc.

Grateful for any help.

Mike.

:)

mkhl100, Apr 14, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

1. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home - Similar Threads - Online Offline disk

2. is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...: is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats better can someone explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-offline-disk-and-disable-disk-device-manager-or/ffc29c94-36b9-4895-85ca-5bdbfe4254a3
  3. is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...: is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats better can someone explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-offline-disk-and-disable-disk-device-manager-or/ffc29c94-36b9-4895-85ca-5bdbfe4254a3
  4. is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management not showing online/offline options for hard drives: Hi, I hope someone can help. Basically I'm used to going into Disk Management and choosing a disk, right-clicking and having the option to take that disk online/offline usually done to keep kids/family from deleting archive stuff by accident, but the last time I went to use...
  6. BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?: Can I use a Windows 10 Pro device to create a BitLocker enabled disk image and mount it with the password on a Windows 10 Home PC? I know W10 Home can’t create BitLocker drives but can it mount and edit/add to them? submitted by /u/voidstructure [link] [comments]...
  7. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  8. Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online: Hi everyone. I recently clone my Operating System WIndows 10 from my Hard drive to Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 NVME using Samsung Migration, however in disk management the new SSD is offline with the following notification "Disk offline because it has signature collision with...
  9. USB disk offline to online... stumped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB disk offline to online... stumped: I have a problem with a new USB drive that I accidentally marked as offline. I have tried everything to get it back "online". disk part does not do it, and in disk management the "online" setting is grayed out and not able to use it... none of my partition programs seem able...
  10. USB disk offline to online... stumped

in Windows 10 Support
    USB disk offline to online... stumped: I have a problem with a new USB drive that I accidentally marked as offline. I have tried everything to get it back "online". disk part does not do it, and in disk management the "online" setting is grayed out and not able to use it... none of my partition programs seem able...