Windows 10: Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin

Discus and support Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was having an issue with deleting a folder. Whenever I try to delete it, I get a warning, saying that there is an error because it is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AurapawLucario, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin

Hi, I was having an issue with deleting a folder. Whenever I try to delete it, I get a warning, saying that there is an error because it is an 'online-only' file. What does this mean, and can I make it stop happening? Thanks!

:)

AurapawLucario, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 16, 2019
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Recycle Bin

Open File Explorer

In the Path bar at the top of the folder list to the right of the small icon the is an Arrow head pointing right. Click on it and it points down with a folder list including the Recycle bin.

HairyFool, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin problem in Windows10

I can move files to Recycle Bin but I can't move folders to recycle bin windows 10. why?

When I try to do that, explorer crashing and folder still isn`t deleted. But when I check "Don`t move files to the Reycle Bin. Remove files immediatly when deleted" in Recycle Bion properties, then I can delete folder but explorer still crashing.

RainDogBor, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin

1. Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - Online folder stuck

2. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  3. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  4. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  6. Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar?: Is there a way to put the recycle bin on the taskbar? I want a completely empty desktop but can find a way to move the recycle bin to the taskbar or remove it completely. is this possible? submitted by /u/Dyl2013 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't move files into the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move files into the Recycle Bin: I have a new HP Envy laptop running the current Windows 10 SW. I have a pair of .PNG files and a PDF file on my desktop that I cannot "delete" or "move" into the Recycle Bin. I have administrator permissions. The Recycle Bin "properties" indicates there is over 118GB of...
  8. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  9. File explorer and recycle bin bug

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer and recycle bin bug: The file explorer and recycle bin window don't remember position after opening and closing , they reopen at different positions on the screen from where you dragged the window to, any fix for this ? 15885
  10. File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue: Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me with a little annoyance. Basically when I delete files or folders I do not need, file explorer will not refresh or bring up a dialogue box saying "Are you sure you wish to send this file to recycle bin?". When I delete it, the file or...