Windows 10: Online play restricted

Discus and support Online play restricted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10. Minecraft Dungeons. I get the error message Online Play Restricted. My Dad has tried to allow the specific game on his parental account but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidosF, Jul 15, 2020.

1. DavidosF Win User

Online play restricted

Windows 10. Minecraft Dungeons. I get the error message Online Play Restricted. My Dad has tried to allow the specific game on his parental account but there does not seem to be any input option. How can he do this?

:)

DavidosF, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Groove can't play online demo music

Hi Zarar,

There could have been some changes that happened to the settings, thus, you are unable to play online demo music. Allow us to ask the following questions though, in order for us to properly isolate the issue.

• Is this happening across all websites?
    • Is the file being downloaded or being played online?
    • Are you using the desktop app or the website for groove?
    For initial troubleshooting, we suggest trying to play the demo music using another browser or another user profile.

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Online video doesn't display

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to use Microsoft Edge browser to play online videos.

If you still face issues, I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser and click on the
      Hub icon
      (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click on
      Settings.
    • Now, click on View advanced settings.
    • Make sure you turn ON the option that says "Use Adobe Flash Player" and check with the issue.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Online play restricted

Minecraft Online Play with account kids managed with family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be due to the restrictions setup for the child’s account. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    and see if you’ve provided the appropriate permissions.

If the issue still persists, try the steps listed below.

• Go to Sign in to your Microsoft account and sign in to the parent account.
    • Select your child’s picture or avatar, and click on the
      Xbox One/Windows 10 box (the box between
      Privacy and Xbox 360 under the names in your family).
    • Make the changes for Allow
      Multiplayer and You can create and join clubs,
      and click Save.
    • Exit family settings, and wait for some time. Ask the child to sign out and sign in to see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Online play restricted

1. Online play restricted - Similar Threads - Online play restricted

2. playing online for minecraft windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    playing online for minecraft windows: Ive been trying to get my account to let me play online for the past 2 days and nothing Microsoft has said to do even shows up or just doesn't work. and at this point it would just be easier to buy a damn ps4, get minecraft on there, then play. Im sick and tired of trying to...
  3. online play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    online play: Hey microsoft, Im trying to turn my online play on in the windows 10 xbox tab and everytime I click allow then submit it reloads the page then sets it to block im not in a family and everything else is enabled can anyone help me figure this out ive been trying for about a...
  4. Minecraft Dungeons Online play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Dungeons Online play: Hello : When I try to "Play Online" when playing Minecraft Dungeons I get a message that says "To play MD online, you must sign in to your Microsoft Account. Would you like to sign in now?" I press A to sign in and I get another message that says "Unable to connect to the...
  5. Minecraft Dungeons: son restricted from online access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft Dungeons: son restricted from online access: My son is playing Minecraft Dungeons using Windows 10 Boot Camp on a Mac. I bought it for him through the Microsoft store. I haven't put any restrictions on his account. But when he plays, it says that he can't play online because of a permission error....
  6. Privilege Error Cannot play due to being Online Play restricted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Privilege Error Cannot play due to being Online Play restricted: I have downloaded Minecraft Dungeons for my son for Windows 10. Created a Microsoft account for myself and added my son as a familymember. We do not play on an Xbox so no Xbox account created, but on PC. I have changed every setting for my son so no restrictions are applied....
  7. Minecraft Dungeons Can't play because online play is restricted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons Can't play because online play is restricted: Privileges error Can't play because online play is restricted All specifications regarding the family account have been set based on the FAQs, the Microsoft Windows 10 2004 function update has been installed, all other requirements have been met, the XBOX network has been...
  8. Not able to play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  9. Unable to play Xbox360 online.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to play Xbox360 online.: Network,Internet and Xbox live show o.k.,but Service alert shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-xbox360-online/df18b43b-f8c2-480e-a7f4-fe876a0dd1b4
  10. Can not play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...