Windows 10: Online safety update

Discus and support Online safety update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update, I am locked out by "defaultuser1" password, unrecoverably. Is blocking the computer MS's way of online safety?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tommyshel, Oct 22, 2019.

1. tommyshel Win User

Online safety update

After Windows 10 update, I am locked out by "defaultuser1" password, unrecoverably. Is blocking the computer MS's way of online safety?

:)

tommyshel, Oct 22, 2019

2. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Online safety update

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Online safety update

1. Online safety update - Similar Threads - Online safety update

2. Microsoft Online Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Online Safety Scanner: While the online Microsoft Safety Scanner is doing its thing, it shows there are infected files but when it finishes it says no virus, spyware or potentially unwanted software detected. What does this mean? Infected files don't matter? Defender didn't catch anything during...
  3. Unable to access the Privacy & online safety settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the Privacy & online safety settings.: I recently migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did, I became unable to play online. This issue appears to be caused by my account having playing online turned off in the xbox settings. However, I am incapable of turning it on, because when I try to open...
  4. Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.: I tried this 6 months ago and I just tried again and it still doesn't work.I want to set ''Broadcast gameplay'', ''You can share content made using Kinect or another camera'' and ''Others can share your content to social networks'' on allow in the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online...
  5. how to allow friends from online family safety settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to allow friends from online family safety settings?: how to allow friends in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-friends-from-online-family-safety/2f1d732c-c215-4069-9361-a336b975ccb3
  6. Privacy and online safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and online safety: I downloaded Sea of Thieves some days ago and something that i always loved to do is talking with other players with the speaker, i don't know why but when i try to speak to them they can't hear me and i can't hear them, but instead my crewmates can hear me on the game. I was...
  7. xbox one/ windows 10 online safety

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one/ windows 10 online safety: when i try to allow joining multiplayer games it just resets to block every time i submit it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-one-windows-10-online-safety/54ce0de3-8943-4566-aeda-9638abfda20b
  8. Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings: Hi there, I've been trying to stream Windows 10 games to Mixer for the past week, but nothing seems to work. Through online research, I found that I need to toggle the setting under the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety privacy settings page from "Blocked" to "Allow" in the...
  9. Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings: Hello, I am trying to update my Xbox Live account settings on my Pc but it keeps changing the settings to block instead of allow. All I am trying to do is to join my friend's realm on the Windows 10 version/Pocket Edition of Minecraft. I have tried to follow many tutorials on...
  10. Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Xbox Live account: updating Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety settings: Hello, I am trying to update my Xbox Live account settings on my Pc but it keeps changing the settings to block instead of allow. All I am trying to do is to join my friend's realm on the Windows 10 version/Pocket Edition of Minecraft. I have tried to follow many tutorials on...