Windows 10: online scan

Discus and support online scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; does windows defender scan online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/online-scan/597203c6-9091-4490-a05d-e5f25d50fe0b Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bill Minkin, Nov 23, 2022.

1. online scan

does windows defender scan online?

:)

Bill Minkin, Nov 23, 2022

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 23, 2022
  4. online scan

Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

online scan

1. online scan - Similar Threads - online scan

2. Why is Microsoft Defender Background task running if i did both offline and online scans...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Defender Background task running if i did both offline and online scans...: Basically one time i was on my laptop and i went on this movie website and i wanted to watch Ted, Then a Ad popped up and i accidentally clicked it and it brought me to this website, i immediately exited the website and went to watch the movie until the sound wasn't working...
  3. Why is Microsoft Defender Background task running if i did both offline and online scans...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Defender Background task running if i did both offline and online scans...: Basically one time i was on my laptop and i went on this movie website and i wanted to watch Ted, Then a Ad popped up and i accidentally clicked it and it brought me to this website, i immediately exited the website and went to watch the movie until the sound wasn't working...
  4. Allow Windows Online Update with WSUS scan source policy enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Windows Online Update with WSUS scan source policy enabled: For Windows 11 we configured GPOs for Windows Update as recommended by Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/wufb-wsusSo we have just 2 GPO update settings configured for Windows 11 clients: One pointing clients to company's WSUS and one...
  5. Allow Windows Online Update with WSUS scan source policy enabled

Allow Windows Online Update with WSUS scan source policy enabled: For Windows 11 we configured GPOs for Windows Update as recommended by Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/wufb-wsusSo we have just 2 GPO update settings configured for Windows 11 clients: One pointing clients to company's WSUS and one...
  6. SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?: I finished an "SFC /scannow" scan and got the following message. My question is if the corrupt files have been repaired, why does the message mention online and offline repairs? Are there corrupted files not yet repaired? Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and...
  7. online virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    online virus scan: I want to run a virus scan . Suggest any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/online-virus-scan/08f9c9b6-542f-418a-bb43-7156d4a1de62
  8. Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online?: I have been getting a notice every time I start up to Errors Found, Scan Drive. So, I go to Security and Maintenance and run the Maintenance to scan the drive. Drive Status shows it is scanning the drive. It keeps ending by saying Online Scan Needed. And that's all. And I...
  9. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...: Hello is there a option to run a dism, or sfc scan online with the difference checker running to Microsoft if the local partition is currupted? Much like how update scans for what updates are needed?...
  10. online scan from microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    online scan from microsoft: my system has malare and trojan virus. is there a online scan provided by microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/online-scan-from-microsoft/4f3cf02d-87a1-4cdb-b1fa-b02e50e1ffd3