Windows 10: Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

Discus and support Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past 4 or 5 days, I haven't been able to watch or download any online videos. At the most, they play for a second or two, then just buffer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeyVandenburgh, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

For the past 4 or 5 days, I haven't been able to watch or download any online videos. At the most, they play for a second or two, then just buffer forever. Strangely though, youtube still works fine. When I try to download the video, it either says some huge number like 12 hours, or it just says failed to download. I checked my internet speed, and it was a normal speed.

Also, not sure if this is related, but when I tried to take my midterm this morning, I was denied access to the test because the website wouldn't detect my webcam even though it was literally showing me my face in my webcam.

:)

JoeyVandenburgh, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 21, 2020
  3. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

My videos will not play.

Hi DayleGoldberg!

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio and Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing Audio and Video Playback.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.

2. Type in devmgmt.msc and click on Ok.

3. Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.

4. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

For other solutions you may try the steps provided on this link:

https://windowsreport.com/video-not-playing-win...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope the above information helps.

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

1. Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds - Similar Threads - Online videos play

2. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  3. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  4. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  5. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  6. Windows Camera App only recorded 1 second video, is there a way to recover the video?

Windows Camera App only recorded 1 second video, is there a way to recover the video?: Hello, I used the camera app to record very important footage. It appeared to be recording for 45 minutes, but the video file is only 4mb and 1 second long. Is there a way to recover the recorded file? Or was it never recorded? Thanks in advance....
  7. Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?: Example I have checked the video settings in for my AMD graphics card and have check to see if there were any relevant options in the Windows Video Playback settings but I cannot find any setting that will prevent this from occuring. I'd like the blacks of a show or video...
  8. Windows 10 Camera App only records 1 second video

Windows 10 Camera App only records 1 second video: I've tried resetting and uninstalling/reinstalling the Camera App on my new Lenovo Yoga C930 laptop. Is there any way I can get this fixed? Every time I try to record a video on the Camera App, it only plays back 1 second of the video....
  9. Windows 10 Camera App only records 1 second video

Windows 10 Camera App only records 1 second video: I recently got an HP Spectre 360 with Windows 10. I'm trying to record video using the camera app. When I click record it seems to be recording, the counter goes, although when I stop recording, the resulting video is only 1 second and has no audio. I can see also the files...
  10. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...