Windows 10: Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks

Discus and support Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a very strange issue with my laptop. It is a fresh install of windows with the latest updates. The problem is that when connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bancho227, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Bancho227 Win User

Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks

Greetings,

I have a very strange issue with my laptop.

It is a fresh install of windows with the latest updates.

The problem is that when connected to my home WiFi I cannot get more than 15-20 mbps speeds.

Other devices get the full 90-100.

At first I thought that it is a problem with the laptop itself so I tried to reinstall the wifi drivers and update them but it did not help.

Then I connected the laptop to another network and it ran fine, up to the full speed of that network still wireless, around 60 mbps.

The issue is only with this my laptop connected to the home wifi.

If I connect via LAN to the router then I get the full speed.

As I said above it is a fresh install of windows and I have installed only 2-3 programs that do not alter network speeds.

I am open to any suggestions or advices.

Thank you!

Regards,

Veselin

:)

Bancho227, Mar 1, 2021
  2. sinplify Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

My network list on my phone:

Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks [​IMG]

My windows network list:

Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks [​IMG]

sinplify, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks

WiFi network device

Hello Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks

1. Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks - Similar Threads - device slow WiFi

2. Slow download, fast wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download, fast wifi.: Win 10, KilleR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter. I operate off of a SIM card Wireless Router. The download/upload speeds when checking the router are in 100mbp/s, but when ethernetted/wirelessly connected my PC only garners 350KBP/s - 1MBp/s of download speed....
  3. Slow download, fast wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download, fast wifi.: Win 10, KilleR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter. I operate off of a SIM card Wireless Router. The download/upload speeds when checking the router are in 100mbp/s, but when ethernetted/wirelessly connected my PC only garners 350KBP/s - 1MBp/s of download speed....
  4. Wifi slow on Laptop while fast on smartphone and other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi slow on Laptop while fast on smartphone and other devices.: This is a suggestion for those who have tried other solutions and seen the problem persist. This is what has worked for me on an ACER Windows 10 Laptop.0. Assuming you have checked on internet speed, Hint: Google internet speed test sites.1. Select Windows key 2. Click...
  5. Wifi slow on Laptop while fast on smartphone and other devices.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi slow on Laptop while fast on smartphone and other devices.: This is a suggestion for those who have tried other solutions and seen the problem persist. This is what has worked for me on an ACER Windows 10 Laptop.0. Assuming you have checked on internet speed, Hint: Google internet speed test sites.1. Select Windows key 2. Click...
  6. Wifi slow on Laptop while fast on smartphone and other devices.

7. Wifi Speeds Slow on 1 PC on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Speeds Slow on 1 PC on network.: Good morning all,I noticed my sons PC was much slower than the rest of the computers in the house, he's using Windows 11 and has a TP Link WN881ND Wifi card which is Wireless N and should be capable of speeds up to 300mbps, however he's getting around 50 max, I can get around...
  8. Wifi Speeds Slow on 1 PC on network.

Wifi Speeds Slow on 1 PC on network.: Good morning all,I noticed my sons PC was much slower than the rest of the computers in the house, he's using Windows 11 and has a TP Link WN881ND Wifi card which is Wireless N and should be capable of speeds up to 300mbps, however he's getting around 50 max, I can get around...
  9. Laptop wifi slow, very fast at work, other devices are fast at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop wifi slow, very fast at work, other devices are fast at home: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, my Lenovo laptop has experienced paralyzingly-slow home WiFi performance. To test if it was my ISP or laptop, I looked at my wife's laptop in a performance test at the same distance away from my router, with all other home devices on...
  10. Only 1 WiFi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 WiFi network: Hi. So I got myself an ASUS wifi dongle. I have 3 different router networks at my place (and like 7 visible naighbour networks visible on my phone/laptop), but I can only see 1 network on my win10. Is there any way to force a wifi-search and see what is going on since...