Windows 10: Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

Discus and support Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell docking station and a Windows 10 21H1 Dell laptop. I also have 2 external Dell monitors.When I plug in the display port cord for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JW316, Aug 9, 2021.

1. JW316 Win User

Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

I have a Dell docking station and a Windows 10 21H1 Dell laptop. I also have 2 external Dell monitors.When I plug in the display port cord for one monitor, the external monitor displays picture, but when I plug in the VGA cord, the display port monitor stops working and the vga monitor starts working. ??If I plug in the display port and unplug the vga cord, then the monitor with the display port works. But if you try to plug in the VGA cord and the Display Port to the docking station, still only 1 either the VGA monitor or the Display Port Monitor works.What is happening?I have tried restart

:)

JW316, Aug 9, 2021

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Aug 9, 2021
  3. How to reset display settings on Windows 1- with External Monitor through VGA.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3. I plugged an HDMI cord into a VGA adapter to connect with another monitor. However, when I was changing display settings, I decided to only show the view on view 2 (the external monitor). I then decided to play around with resolution.

The first resolution I chose, my external monitor said "input not supported." The resolution is not allowed I guess, so now I can't see any display unless I unplug the HDMI. how can I fix this and reset the settings?

I tried connecting to another monitor without VGA, just direct with HDMI and it worked just fine. However when I go back to my external monitor with the VGA to HDMI adapter, whenever I plug it back in, I get the same problem.

Please help. Thank you!

liddlem_744, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

1. Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or... - Similar Threads - External Monitor Displaying

2. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  3. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  4. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only 1 external monitor outputted

Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  6. Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen: Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop set up with two monitors. I have set everything up and now that everything is turned on both monitors are displaying the same exact same screen. Any window I open appears on both monitors and the mouse cursor appears and moves the...
  7. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.: I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set differently on purpose, but rather appears to randomly "lag" out and not sync with the actual system clock. The error occurs even...
  8. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  9. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  10. a vga monitor

a vga monitor: hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor. I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good....