Windows 10: Only 15 FPS in "Microsoft Camera" App

Discus and support Only 15 FPS in "Microsoft Camera" App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I choosed 720p60 quality and this app records in 15 fps. Same with 1080p30. What can I do to make it work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pan Tutaj, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Pan Tutaj Win User

Only 15 FPS in "Microsoft Camera" App

I choosed 720p60 quality and this app records in 15 fps. Same with 1080p30.

What can I do to make it work?

:)

Pan Tutaj, Dec 12, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Update:
    It turned out that the driver is okay. The problem with the low FPS was due to improper camera settings.

How I resolved it:
    1] Installed Skype
    2] Tools -> Options -> General -> Video Settings -> WebCam Settings -> Camera control
    3] Override the settings for Exposure & uncheck Low Light Compensation.
    4] Changing the settings in Skype reflect globally on the OS

Unchecking the Low Light Compression considerably increases the FPS rate. In addition, moving the Exposure setting slider left or right can reflect on the FPS in a good way. You just have to find the perfect setting for your camera. Mine was: exposure -4, low light compression unchecked.

Unfortunatelly, that didn't fix the Camera app problem.

mdzhigarov, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

windows store camera app

We see that you are still having issues with your Camera app having an error code 0xA00F4271 even if you have tried the troubleshooting steps from the link provided above. Can you check your camera privacy settings to see if camera access is turned on? To
    check the camera privacy settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • In search box in upper right, type webcam.
    • Click Camera privacy settings.
    • Check that Let apps use my camera toggle is On.

If it is on, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on August 21, 2016 to resolve Error Code 0xA00F4271.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Only 15 FPS in "Microsoft Camera" App - Similar Threads - FPS Microsoft Camera

2. only 60 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only 60 fps: fps are capped at 60 fps only i cant get more that 60 fps i turned off vsync in games and it still is capped at 60 fps on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-60-fps/e312fb6f-3240-4fd6-8d0b-d415da006c47
  3. only 60 fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only 60 fps: fps are capped at 60 fps only i cant get more that 60 fps i turned off vsync in games and it still is capped at 60 fps on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-60-fps/e312fb6f-3240-4fd6-8d0b-d415da006c47
  4. No camera app in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No camera app in Microsoft Store: I have spent another hour on my Dell PRECISION 7510-32297 trying to fix the camera. I finally found this thread and used these instructions Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as...
  5. No camera app in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No camera app in Microsoft Store: I have spent another hour on my Dell PRECISION 7510-32297 trying to fix the camera. I finally found this thread and used these instructions Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as...
  6. No camera app in Microsoft Store

7. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  8. Sea of thieves 15 fps on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves 15 fps on pc: So I just reinstalled the game sea of thieves after not playing for awhile but I finally decided I was gonna reinstall to try out the most recent update that added a lot of cool stuff, and when loading in I noticed the loading screen looked a bit weird and felt sluggish, I...
  9. Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts: Hello all! I have some strange problem with my webcam. When I open the Camera app I get "Something went wrong" 0xa00f4273 error. ... and the application crashes after that In Skype/Hangouts the camera is working BUT the frame rates per seconds are very low - around 5....
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 kamera app low fps