Windows 10: Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just like in the previous Windows versions, users can choose in Windows 10 from a plethora of browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Source

:)

labeeman, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Rob Koch Win User

Urgent Question about a potential virus!?

Only if the OP is using Internet Explorer, since the browser extensions support required for AdBlock and any other browser security add-on still doesn't exist in the default Edge browser that most consumers are using in Windows 10.

This is an oddity of the more secure Windows 10, since though the Edge browser is actually much more secure due to the lack of most 3rd-party extensions (Adobe Flash is built-in), which are notoriously buggy and open to attack, the attackers have instead
    taken advantage of the missing blocker extensions to force these obviously fake "alerts" on the generally clueless consumer user.

However, as this What's new with Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 Anniversary Update discusses, this extension support is finally
    coming out in the
    Anniversary Update

due out on August 2nd
    . Note that the AdBlock and AdBlock Plus extensions along with about a dozen others are also listed in the article.

Rob

Rob Koch, Aug 31, 2015
  3. High CPU usage after windows 10 creators upgrade

I'm striking the same issue. According to Task Manager the culprit is Microsoft Edge.

Each open Edge browser process (in the background, doing nothing, on a static page) is consuming 25-50% of CPU on a Surface Pro 4 (2 Cores). This continues for hours. With enough tabs open the machine is almost unusable.

As soon as all Edge browser windows are closed, CPU returns to around 10% or less.

I find this deeply ironic - in my case the "program that is incompatible" turns out to be Microsoft's Edge ...

Mike Honey (Manga Solutions ), Aug 31, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Edge is new and it needs development and in addition most users will stick with the browser that they're familiar with the 2% or so is no surprise. I use Edge on a daily basis for this forum and a few other sites.

I like it but in Oct or when the next insider build comes out I hope to see big upgrades.

My 2c..

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  5. I have moved over the using it full time now, no major issues with it

I did expect it to be more popular, with it appearing on the taskbar as default and IE hidden in the Accessories section (unless I ticked the wrong thing while installing to set Edge as default)

paulsalter, Aug 31, 2015
  6. I will be using Edge full time, just waiting for the extension support, as I depend on several important ones. No other reason for me to stay with Firefox.

Olivir2014, Aug 31, 2015
  7. I have them both running (- sometimes together..!!)
    I have a lot less hassle with Edge.. it seems more robust somehow..

I have noticed that I'm tending towards using Edge more and more, as time goes by..
    - somehow, it feels much lighter than ie11... *Think

BugMeister, Aug 31, 2015
  8. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Edge is an app not a browser, surely great for phones and touchy things, but for a desktop.

TairikuOkami, Aug 31, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    I user it one my Win 10 OS all day last Saturday, and did not see a problem at all. tks Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 31, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    I use lots of apps on my desktop including Edge

BillyBob, Aug 31, 2015
  11. satchmo Win User
    I am accustomed to using Chrome, and I do all the things that I want to do with Chrome. There is no incentive for me to change.

satchmo, Aug 31, 2015
  12. acmanten Win User
    I have used Chrome for the past 3-4 years all the time, except last Saturday when I used Edge without problems all day.
    I will continue to use Edge on my busy weekends and check it out. MY wife has only used MS ie for years....
    all be safe... Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 31, 2015
  13. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

- the Edge's dark theme looks smart..
    - gives it a really professional feel..

BugMeister, Aug 31, 2015
  14. Of course. Edge is still slower than Chrome and has no extension support.

This isn't surprising.

BrownianMotion, Aug 31, 2015
  15. Also, is this 2% of all W10 users or 2% of all web users?

BrownianMotion, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Percent Consumers Using

2. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  9. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...