Windows 10: Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Edge is almost more of a app than it is a browser plus it is early in development, not even supporting extensions yet. Using developer editon 33 of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Edge is almost more of a app than it is a browser plus it is early in development, not even supporting extensions yet.

Using developer editon 33 of Opera browser, best looking, extension using of the bunch in my opinon.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 31, 2015

2. I do like Edge but the two big things I'm waiting on: extension support (more specifically, WOT) and the ability to change users like in Chrome. While the latter isn't as big a deal, I rely on WOT to ensure I don't go to a site that looks legit but is not.

thunderclap, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Don't want to be forced to use Bing search. Cannot get it to change to something else. I am sticking to firefox.

squawksarah, Aug 31, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

It's not surprising that only 2 percent are using Edge. It's not fully cooked yet.

strollin, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It will be usable once they get some extensions that you can add.

6. You don't have to use the BING search, Sarah. I changed mine to Google. Just check the Tutorial section.

After 3 weeks on Windows10, I'm finding myself using EDGE more than IE11. Edge is much better at reducing the annoying advertisements that pop-up, or auto-play on many websites. It's much more enjoyable to use in that regard. Dark theme is nice too.

Don't like the lack of built-in browser control however. No way to add sites to various security/privacy zones, stop the "mixed content" pop-up, etc.. You can change settings in the Internet Options in the legacy version of the "Control Panel", but that only affects IE11 (or whatever IE browser you use)...not EDGE, as far as I can tell.

AllenChicago, Aug 31, 2015
  7. z3r010 Win User
    I've just checked the TF site stats.

Chrome 60%
    Firefox 16%
    IE 8%
    Safari 6%
    Edge 4%
    Opera 1%
    Others

z3r010, Aug 31, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

That's interesting.. I'm part of that 4%.

Thanks for posting.

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  9. Looey Win User
    As the title says, does a disk cleanup remove Edge temporary internet files?

Looey, Sep 1, 2015
  10. jfreemont Win User
    The article says that it's 2% of "the market," not 2% of Windows 10 users. That's a huge difference.

Might want to correct that, OP.

jfreemont, Sep 1, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Good eye..

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2015
  12. MrBill Win User
    For me, Edge works decent when you turn off Adobe Flash. Which, I really appreciate that feature. However, if you turn it back on the browser tends to lag, hang etc. I blame the websites more than Microsoft. It really shines a light on how much adobe flash coding has really gotten out of hand.

MrBill, Sep 1, 2015
  13. rfruth Win User

About:config (in Edge) has allow localhost loopback (this might put your device at risk) on by default, why ?

rfruth, Sep 1, 2015
  14. Jairus24 Win User
    I use Edge 70% of the time, the rest is done on Firefox due to extension reason (I know, it will come to Edge later on) and currently we cannot change the default temporary/cache location for Edge which is not healthy for Solid State Drives especially when you do a lot of media streaming, it's currently not following custom Windows cache and temporary folder location unlike Chrome and Firefox.

Jairus24, Sep 1, 2015
  15. BillyBob Win User
    Well done, that is a huge difference, I think one of the moderators might look at changing the headline, very misleading.

BillyBob, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Percent Consumers Using

2. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  9. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...