Windows 10: Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Regardless of whether it's 2% of market or 2% of Win 10 users it still means the same thing, there's not a lot of users of the Edge browser. Hopefully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. strollin Win User

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Regardless of whether it's 2% of market or 2% of Win 10 users it still means the same thing, there's not a lot of users of the Edge browser. Hopefully MS will add some missing features otherwise that market share will never grow.

strollin, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Since Edge is only available in Windows 10, the title of the OP does not matter. I use Cyberfox.

3. fredc Win User
    Opera a 1% share , Jesus man , whats this World coming to . Well, at least it won't be a malware magnet so thats good lol.

fredc, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Many folks who used other browsers for years will just install their browser and transfer their bookmarks over to get up and running, with the intention of figuring out Edge later (as it's not immediately obvious how to use it and bookmark import is also limited).

Kanata, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Zarggg Win User
    I can't even use edge. Every site I try to go to gives me the generic "Hmm, we can't reach this page." error. Never really had much of a need to troubleshoot it, since I'm quite happy with Firefox.

Zarggg, Sep 1, 2015
  6. kerodo Win User
    I tried Edge several times during the insider previews and now in the 10 release, but it doesn't work as well as the others on a fair number of sites I've visited, or it works to some extent but with some issues, etc. I'm waiting for it to develop further before I use it again, and am meanwhile sticking with Firefox which always works for me everywhere I go.

kerodo, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Ringel05 Win User
    Nope, refuse to use Edge (or IE), haven't for decades.

Ringel05, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Not really because only Windows 10 users can use Edge. So if it's 2% of all Windows users there are way more people using it. Also if 2% of the market translates to over 30% of Windows 10 users because they are the only ones that can use Edge. I bet there are lots of people that use multiple browsers.

orlbuckeye, Sep 2, 2015
  9. I'm just going to go ahead and keep using Firefox. Sorry Microsoft, but I've never liked your browser.

LovingWindows, Sep 2, 2015
  10. Anyone tried Vivaldi yet?

A New Web Browser for Our Friends – Vivaldi

Tried it a while ago on my laptop. removed it as there was no way I could see at least to install an upgrade with out prior removal. Looks nice enough though....

thefrecklepuny, Sep 2, 2015
  11. Cyberfox for me as well [64bit] Transferred everything over from Firefox using the back up add-on "Firefox Environment Backup Extension" FEBE for short. Works a treat.

brotherboard, Sep 2, 2015
  12. RonCFL Win User
    I tried so hard to like "Edge" ... but I couldn't ... back to Chrome I went ... *Wink

RonCFL, Sep 2, 2015
  13. fredc Win User

Supposedly "Edge" allows you do things that other browsers don't but i have not noticed it yet .

fredc, Sep 2, 2015
  14. Since Edge is installed by default and set up as the default browser in Win10, I would be very surprised if less than 90% of the Win10 users utilize Edge. It's a pain to disable it and to re-add IE as the default browser -- not something as easy as picking from a list of (default) browsers when you (1) do the Win10 Upgrade, or (2) first login to Win10.

I don't use Edge because I'm not obsessed with the Metro UI. I'd rather use a traditional UI Browser that works well (IE 11) than struggle along with a Metro UI browser that has problems.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  15. JoeyDVDZ Win User
    Not that hard to change defaults. MS products and installed apps will still use Edge, but everything else will use your default browser. In my case, Chrome.

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser [​IMG]

JoeyDVDZ, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Percent Consumers Using

2. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  9. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...