Windows 10: Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I've just checked the TF site stats. Chrome 60% Firefox 16% IE 8% Safari 6% Edge 4% Opera 1% Others I'd like to see those statistics next to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

I'd like to see those statistics next to the OS.. how many of those are actually on Windows 10?

Mystere, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Rocky Win User

That's not true. I have Google Chrome set as my default browser and every feature of my system, including Outlook, defaults to Google Chrome when ever I click on a web link.

Rocky, Sep 4, 2015
  3. rvbfan Win User
    Guess I'm one of the few using Edge. But then again, I'm an insider so I should be.

rvbfan, Sep 4, 2015
  4. mpw1962 Win User

I've been using Edge since the beginning and I particularly like the slimmed down version. I do thinks some things are missing that will make it even more useful, but that takes time. I hope they add some things, but I'm not crazy about wanting a million add-ons and add-ins, etc.

Of course like everything MS does, they seem to be short on how things work till someone else furnishes a book or how to guide.

mpw1962, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Edge would be OK if it had some sort of extensions. It is fast but God only knows what it is using as it is built in to Windows 10. I am surprised The EU has not sued them yet.

6. Barman58 Win User
    Please remember Rule 13

13) No ad blocking discussions. This site depends on ads to pay for the costs of running and maintaining it.

Thanks *Wink

Barman58, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Sorry, fixed it.

8. ken1943 Win User

Leave the piece of crap to the smart phone users. May be it helps MS steal my information. I can't wait for the first lawsuit because someone at MS got a bank security code. I was looking at Fire Fox for Android. I will not let it have access to everything it wants and I am sure that new piece of crap doesn't ask.*Sad

ken1943, Sep 4, 2015
  9. CmmTch Win User
    I tried Edge for a couple months as an insider, it was faster than IE, other than that and the look (had it set to dark, that's easier on my eyes) Didn't see too much different in day to day use.

There are missing features and control over some very basic things. Ex: open a link in a new tab can't be set to open as the active tab, you can press ctrl+shift and right click a link/bookmark to open in new tab and the new tab is in front. Why should a user need a work around for something so simple?

Once Edge has had some time to be updated with some of what would seem to be basic functions for a browser, and some other improvements added I'll try it again. I use IE most times, sometimes will use Mozilla Waterfox and will consider a move to Edge as it matures.

MS is going for a "one size fits all" IMO, it didn't work with Win8 and without quite a few updates/additions Edge will suffer the same fate. Win8 had to go to 8.1, we'll see what happens with Edge.

CmmTch, Sep 4, 2015
  10. Dch48 Win User
    I had no problems at all setting IE as my default browser. I just chose it in the normal way you always have and it worked perfectly. I didn't have to disable Edge either. It's still there and useable if I want it.

Dch48, Sep 4, 2015
  11. Rudy Mas Win User
    Look at your firewall. It probably doesn't allow Edge to connect to the Internet. I had the same problem with my AVG Firewall, after I set it right, it worked fine.

I use it all the time, only for websites that need an extension, I go back to IE11. But once Edge supports extensions, I probably will go fulltime to Edge. I like this Browser a lot.

BTW, I noticed a few messages stating that Edge isn't a Browser but an app. Well, all software you use on Windows 10 are now called apps. *Wink

Rudy Mas, Sep 4, 2015
  12. Dch48 Win User
    I don't know but CCleaner does

Dch48, Sep 4, 2015
  13. Dch48 Win User

No, it is a full fledged browser that is suitable for all platforms. It just needs more features added to get me to switch from trusty ol' IE.

In Windows 10, everything is referred to as an app. It doesn't matter if it's built in, comes from the store, or is a desktop program. In Windows 10, it's an app.

Dch48, Sep 4, 2015
  14. Dch48 Win User
    I don't use extensions so that's not an issue. I just use a tracking protection list in IE and depend on SmartScreen and my AV for the rest. IE only has the plugins for search, flash, java, and PDF-Xchange other than the tracking protection. Even my Chrome installation which is rarely used only has AdBlock, Bookmarks Menu (I hate the way Chrome handles them), and Chromecast for extensions. Chrome, like IE, also has very good built in phishing protection. I don't believe in a load of unnecessary clutter like WOT and it's ilk. To me they're just as unwanted as toolbars.

Edge is only slowed down by ads. On sites with few or none, it is the fastest of all the browsers. When they allow tracking protection or ad blockers, it will blaze. However they still have to improve the Favorites management and make it easier to add new search engines.

Dch48, Sep 4, 2015
  15. gtspeck Win User
    I continue to bounce between IE 11 and Chrome. Since Edge doesn't support extensions Norton 360 can't protect me. However, I have messed around with it and does seem to move around the internet faster. Hopefully it will not become too buggy with upgrades.*Rolleyes

gtspeck, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Percent Consumers Using

2. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  9. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...