Windows 10: Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

Discus and support Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I'm using Edge. When it first appeared, in the Preview versions, I hated it. After I got my Favorites bar back and figured out how to use it and add to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

I'm using Edge. When it first appeared, in the Preview versions, I hated it. After I got my Favorites bar back and figured out how to use it and add to it, its got more useable for me. There are some things I still don't like and think Microsoft took a step backward trying to make one OS for all devices.

fireberd, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Dch48 Win User

One thing. Chrome was designed as a desktop browser. The mobile version came later. It is the most popular desktop browser in most parts of the world now. Firefox has taken a massive nose dive in the last 18 months or so.

Also, the number of people accessing a Windows 10 forum would certainly be mostly those actually using Windows. The number posting from a tablet or phone is most likely pretty small. I'm sure the stats do reflect only Windows users.

Dch48, Sep 6, 2015
  3. fredc Win User
    I used to use "Chrome" but being the most popular browser has serious negatives as well , i found it to be hijacked a lot more than other browsers , popularity means it's more of a target which is unfortunate .

It's not a lightweight browser by any means , it is fast though . I have had the least issues with Opera but it's also not as popular as many others so page hijacker's etc...don't target it as much imo.

fredc, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

I have only just install windows 10 and Edge is far better than IE11

hTconeM9user, Sep 6, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    In what way ?

fredc, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Ninetailz Win User
    Well I will continue to use Firefox as I have been always, people are free to choose

Ninetailz, Sep 6, 2015
  7. sgtaylor5 Win User
    I have looked at Vivaldi, but eventually, it wants to install a Mail app in the sidebar just like traditional Opera.

sgtaylor5, Sep 7, 2015
  8. sgtaylor5 Win User

I'd like to use Edge daily. I really would. Once they add full favorites editing support meaning a separate screen AND right-click support everywhere (with a switch to use the bookmarks in the user's Favorites folder), I'll be happy to switch.

sgtaylor5, Sep 7, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

BunnyJ, Sep 7, 2015
  10. sgtaylor5 Win User
    sgtaylor5, Sep 7, 2015
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    Not only does Edge have all the problems listed before, but it has another major stumbling block.

When creating websites, so many developers use HTML, Javascript, PHP and JQuery;
    It seems, like it's predecessor (IE11 & IE10) Edge does not support JQuery routines, which is a huge, huge downside for this browser. While IE10 had some problems with JQuery, and were a little worse in IE11, Edge it appears seems to top both of them.

At times I am amazed at how Microsoft can get it so wrong, do they not understand there is a world beyond their little walls.

Trust_No1, Sep 7, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    I'm still a insider ,and use IE11 ,just prefer it to any of the others ,, the other day I got a popup asking me why I'm still using IE and not Edge ,and gave a multiple choice of answers I think , I do try using edge from time to time ,, I started making some personal touches to it ,in regards to Favorites and addons and such ,one day I will likely use it more

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Percent Consumers Using

2. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  3. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  4. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  5. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  8. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  9. Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Browser Task Manager in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium-based version of the Microsoft Edge browser has seen some notable changes. All these changes are designed to enhance your productivity and increase the utility of the browser. There’s a new ‘Browser Task Manager’ that has been added to [...]...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...