Windows 10: only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

Discus and support only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A 250Gb hard disk sure ain't much.However, when I deleted download files and always got back to having about 70 to 80Gb of free space. and now this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyCruls_851, Jun 20, 2021.

1. only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

A 250Gb hard disk sure ain't much.However, when I deleted download files and always got back to having about 70 to 80Gb of free space. and now this doesn't exceed 30Gb...What's going on?Looking in to C:\ folder and right-clicking on the 'User' folder and clicking 'Properties' returned 143Gb taken. But when I simply hovered the cursor over the folder I only got 20Gb.Anyway, if someone knows a powerful way to troubleshoot this issue, please let me know.Expert answers only please, no guesses.

:)

GuyCruls_851, Jun 20, 2021

2. Windows April 2018 Update

I've got a virtual machine with a 100GB hard disk that had 20GB and it failed to update. The error code was listed as one that occurs when out of space. I've grown the hard disk but not tried it yet but this suggests you need more than 20GB free.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Jun 20, 2021
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 20, 2021
  4. only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

How do I Upgrade windows 10 TO November on a USB External Hard Disk 250GB

How do I Upgrade windows 10 TO November on a USB External Hard Disk 250GB

I presently have Windows 10 installed on a 250GB External Hard Drive with a USB connection.

The new November Windows 10 Upgrade refuses to install as it tells me that it will not install on a USB drive. How do I overcome this problem. I have tried several methods but they all fail.

Can you help me please?

DonaldHargreaves, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk...

1. only 20gb available on my 250Gb hard disk... - Similar Threads - 20gb available 250Gb

2. Unable to Partition my Hard Drive. Even with 250GB of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Partition my Hard Drive. Even with 250GB of free space: Hello, everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 250GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 3MB of space.I'm trying to create a partition so that I...
  3. Unable to Partition my Hard Drive. Even with 250GB of free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Partition my Hard Drive. Even with 250GB of free space: Hello, everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 250GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 3MB of space.I'm trying to create a partition so that I...
  4. Hard Disk only works on laptops and not on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk only works on laptops and not on my desktop: I have a 1 TB external hard disk and it was working fine on my desktop when one day when I tried to use it it was not spinning I tried it on a laptop and it worked fine so what is wrong with my desktop and how can I fix it...
  5. Hard Disk only works on laptops and not on my desktop

Hard Disk only works on laptops and not on my desktop: I have a 1 TB external hard disk and it was working fine on my desktop when one day when I tried to use it it was not spinning I tried it on a laptop and it worked fine so what is wrong with my desktop and how can I fix it...
  6. 20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted: I recently accidentally deleted a 20GB virtual hard disk I created, and now I find that the 20 GB storage space has not been returned to my storage. It's simply missing from my drive and I can't utilize it. I have checked Disk Management and Wiztree, and both cannot find a...
  7. 20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted

20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted: I recently accidentally deleted a 20GB virtual hard disk I created, and now I find that the 20 GB storage space has not been returned to my storage. It's simply missing from my drive and I can't utilize it. I have checked Disk Management and Wiztree, and both cannot find a...
  8. Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.: This discussion is primarily intended to discuss: 1. Maximizing available disk space. 2. What to do with a MFG Recovery Partition and the importance of backing it up or not-should it be removed? 3. When, if ever, 3rd-party Partition Management can help. 4. When should a...
  9. Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available: I upgraded my gaming PC's hardware and software. I add (2) 500GB disks from a system I wasn't using anymore. One disk was a Windows10 x32 system disk and had 4 partitions , one partition was 'Reserved'. I deleted all the partitions but when I was done I only show 298GBs...
  10. Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/: I previously used windows xp and just went and bought a new hard drive and windows 10 usb. Im confused. I installed the hard drive along with my old master drive, using it as slave i presume. Will it auto partition the new hard drive 40591