Windows 10: Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Discus and support Only 4 of 8 gb ram available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jadebow, Jul 30, 2021.

1. jadebow Win User

Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo shows that I have 8,055 mb total physical memory installed but only 3,881 mb available physical memory. I have seached the web for solutions and have checked, under Windows search >Run > Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options, I have left Maximum Memory unchecked. Since I have only 1 - 8gb ram stick, I cannot pull one stick out to see if the other is working. My question is: since I have 8gb ram installed, shouldn't I have, at least close, to 8gb of ram as "available physical memory"? I use my laptop for computer graphic art and game development. So, my it is important that I make use of as much of my ram as possible. Thank you, everyone for taking interest in my problem.

:)

jadebow, Jul 30, 2021

2. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Avik Win User
    Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

4. STDennis Win User

8 gb of ram in pc, only 4 gb visible

You are most likely running a 32 bit version of Windows, which will only see and use up to 4 GB or RAM. You will need to clean install a 64 bit version of windows to use anything above 4 GB of RAM.

STDennis, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Only 4 of 8 gb ram available - Similar Threads - ram available

2. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM: Why is My Available Physical Memory so low?I saw some solutions on the internet that didn't7 work and tell you right now that my windows AND processor both are 64x.updating windows didn't work eitherAny help is appreciated, Thank you....
  3. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM: Why is My Available Physical Memory so low?I saw some solutions on the internet that didn't7 work and tell you right now that my windows AND processor both are 64x.updating windows didn't work eitherAny help is appreciated, Thank you....
  4. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Previously I had 8GB usable RAM, but now I only have 7.70 GB available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previously I had 8GB usable RAM, but now I only have 7.70 GB available: Hello there! I had a questionPreviously, I played a game that required 8GB of usable RAM and it mostly ran perfectly. I had a few issues in the past where I wouldn't have enough for it to function well, but I have always been able to do a few small fixes to increase the...
  6. Previously I had 8GB usable RAM, but now I only have 7.70 GB available

Previously I had 8GB usable RAM, but now I only have 7.70 GB available: Hello there! I had a questionPreviously, I played a game that required 8GB of usable RAM and it mostly ran perfectly. I had a few issues in the past where I wouldn't have enough for it to function well, but I have always been able to do a few small fixes to increase the...
  7. Previously I had 8GB usable RAM, but now I only have 7.70 GB available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%: Hi I have recently upgraded to W11, at the same time I upgraded my 128GB SSD to a 500GB Samsung 980Pro SSD, as well as installing a second 16GB RAM card. I was expecting to see a significant speed increase, however my Pc has seemed to slow down.The 32GB RAM is working, shows...
  9. Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%

Windows 11 32GB RAM, all available, but only using maximum 40%: Hi I have recently upgraded to W11, at the same time I upgraded my 128GB SSD to a 500GB Samsung 980Pro SSD, as well as installing a second 16GB RAM card. I was expecting to see a significant speed increase, however my Pc has seemed to slow down.The 32GB RAM is working, shows...
  10. 8gb ram 7.65 available

8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...