Windows 10: Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Discus and support Only 4 of 8 gb ram available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jadebow, Jul 30, 2021.

1. jadebow Win User

Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo shows that I have 8,055 mb total physical memory installed but only 3,881 mb available physical memory. I have seached the web for solutions and have checked, under Windows search >Run > Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options, I have left Maximum Memory unchecked. Since I have only 1 - 8gb ram stick, I cannot pull one stick out to see if the other is working. My question is: since I have 8gb ram installed, shouldn't I have, at least close, to 8gb of ram as "available physical memory"? I use my laptop for computer graphic art and game development. So, my it is important that I make use of as much of my ram as possible. Thank you, everyone for taking interest in my problem.

:)

jadebow, Jul 30, 2021

2. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Avik Win User
    Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

4. STDennis Win User

8 gb of ram in pc, only 4 gb visible

You are most likely running a 32 bit version of Windows, which will only see and use up to 4 GB or RAM. You will need to clean install a 64 bit version of windows to use anything above 4 GB of RAM.

STDennis, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Only 4 of 8 gb ram available - Similar Threads - ram available

2. Available Physical Memory VERY less than Installed Ram, Same problem with Virtual Memory....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Available Physical Memory VERY less than Installed Ram, Same problem with Virtual Memory....: Hey So, I am using a Dell Inspirion 20-3052 and resetted my pc a few days ago, and now I have this issue where I am not Able to open ANY game as almost all of them require more than 3gb.So as you can see from the above image The available and total physical memory is so...
  3. My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...

My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...: Below are the specifications and the current available memory, looking at the processes there's nothing there that would total up to a third of my ram....
  4. I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop.

I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop.: I have 8gb of ram available but only 3.46 is usable on my windows 10 lenovo laptop. I tried doing a BIOS update but it did not update, it said u need a G50-45 build to update. I did have it but my warranty had expired, maybe the reason. I want to know how I can make my laptop...
  5. I have 32gb ram, but windows 10 64bit just tells me 16gb are available and sees 32gb...

I have 32gb ram, but windows 10 64bit just tells me 16gb are available and sees 32gb...: I have 32gb ram installed and my windows 10 pro 64bit sees it and my bios sees it, but inside it tells me that 16gb are just available. So what is the issue here?? If I take one 8gb ram out and put an 4gb ram in, it shows me more to use, but by putting the 8 GB in and not...
  6. program can't recognize available RAM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program can't recognize available RAM: I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop computer, with Windows 10 Home, and 16 GB RAM installed. When I tried to install 2020 TurboTax, it says "it doesn't meet the minimum requirements....Memory 2048 MB." Although from Task Manager, it does show 16 GB RAM, with more than 2 GB still...
  7. 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?: I expect the tabs that I actually used recently to not be laggy, but that's not the case. I have 67.9 GB committed and 48GB of actual DDR4 RAM. I don't feel like I have a ridiculous amount of tabs open... even closing a lot of them, it stays at 67.9GB committed and the speed...
  8. Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Available RAM is less than what I was able to use before December: Hello, I just found out that the available RAM on my PC is 5.91GB of RAM. It actually used to be 7.1GB~7.56GB I don't remember the actual figure and off late it has led to memory crashes, something that has never happened before. [ Note : My PC has 8GB of RAM out of which...
  9. Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB

Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB: Is this normal? One of our employees is complaining about his computer freezing up on him. His RAM usage is pretty high at around 90% most of the time, and checking the device specifications saying that out of 8GB or installed RAM, only 5.89GB are available. My question is,...
  10. I have 4GB ram but the space available to me is just 1.6 without Opening any Applications...

I have 4GB ram but the space available to me is just 1.6 without Opening any Applications...: Hello everybody . I have a Laptop with 4gb ram, but after booting the space available for me to use is just 1.6 GB. I don't have any startup apps open except audio drivers and windows defender . So basically when I noticed the task manager and got the sum of all the...