Windows 10: Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Discus and support Only 4 of 8 gb ram available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jadebow, Jul 30, 2021.

1. jadebow Win User

Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo shows that I have 8,055 mb total physical memory installed but only 3,881 mb available physical memory. I have seached the web for solutions and have checked, under Windows search >Run > Msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options, I have left Maximum Memory unchecked. Since I have only 1 - 8gb ram stick, I cannot pull one stick out to see if the other is working. My question is: since I have 8gb ram installed, shouldn't I have, at least close, to 8gb of ram as "available physical memory"? I use my laptop for computer graphic art and game development. So, my it is important that I make use of as much of my ram as possible. Thank you, everyone for taking interest in my problem.

:)

jadebow, Jul 30, 2021

2. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Avik Win User
    Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

4. STDennis Win User

8 gb of ram in pc, only 4 gb visible

You are most likely running a 32 bit version of Windows, which will only see and use up to 4 GB or RAM. You will need to clean install a 64 bit version of windows to use anything above 4 GB of RAM.

STDennis, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Only 4 of 8 gb ram available - Similar Threads - ram available

2. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  3. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  4. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB: I have an HP Pavillion laptop with an I5 1135G7 Memory It says 7.7 GB in Use 8 gigs available. Under GPU it says .6 of 7.9 GB shared memory. My question is, is the shared memory for the GPU the reason taskman tells me i only have half my RAM available. For clarity see...
  6. Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB

Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB: I have an HP Pavillion laptop with an I5 1135G7 Memory It says 7.7 GB in Use 8 gigs available. Under GPU it says .6 of 7.9 GB shared memory. My question is, is the shared memory for the GPU the reason taskman tells me i only have half my RAM available. For clarity see...
  7. MsMpEng.exe using all the RAM available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MsMpEng.exe using all the RAM available: We have 4 Windows Server 2019 Std, all with the same simple setup running IIS & SQL Server, all with 64GB RAM; MsMpEng would normally take 200-300MB of RAM and almost no CPU but starting from today in one of the servers the MsMpEng RAM usage grows constantly up to using it...
  8. MsMpEng.exe using all the RAM available

MsMpEng.exe using all the RAM available: We have 4 Windows Server 2019 Std, all with the same simple setup running IIS & SQL Server, all with 64GB RAM; MsMpEng would normally take 200-300MB of RAM and almost no CPU but starting from today in one of the servers the MsMpEng RAM usage grows constantly up to using it...
  9. Not using available RAM even when needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not using available RAM even when needed: I usually play games on my laptop and recently I have started facing an issue where certain things won't load up in the games such as map parts and character skins. This wasn't a problem earlier so I checked my task manager and it shows that the RAM is not being used up. The...
  10. Not using available RAM even when needed

Not using available RAM even when needed: I usually play games on my laptop and recently I have started facing an issue where certain things won't load up in the games such as map parts and character skins. This wasn't a problem earlier so I checked my task manager and it shows that the RAM is not being used up. The...