Windows 10: Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

Discus and support Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System Summary says only 4.13GB total physical memory. It is making it impossible to game. I ran the memory diagnostic tool and no problems were found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardChrist, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

System Summary says only 4.13GB total physical memory. It is making it impossible to game. I ran the memory diagnostic tool and no problems were found. On Memtest86, the following error was the only one found: Unexpected Interrupt - Halting CPU0

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
    RAM: G.SKILL 16GB DDR4-3200
    Cooler: Kracken X62
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    SSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2
    PSU: EVGA 750W 80+
    Hard Drive: Seagate 2TB
    Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home

:)

RichardChrist, Jan 29, 2019
  2. asaper Win User

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit, 7.93gb RAM Usable, 16gb Found?

When I go into system information/task manager
    Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available? [​IMG]

asaper, Jan 29, 2019
  3. 16G ram installed only 7.95g available

Hi,

It’s nice that you have upgraded your PC with a 16GB RAM. We would like to know more about the hardware specification of your motherboard for us to determine if your new RAM is compatible or not? Please answer the questions below:

• Can you contact your motherboard manufacturer and confirm if it does accept your new 16GB RAM?
    • How many memory slots do you have in your motherboard?
    • Did you totally replaced the 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM? or did you add the 16GB RAM and retaining the 8GB RAM?
    • What is the make and model of your new RAM?

Let us know if you can answer these questions.

Johann Eva, Jan 29, 2019
  4. fdgowin Win User

Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)

I downloaded CPUZ. Here are the screen shots:
    Memory:

New DIMM

Original DIMM

Thanks for the advice, hope this helps resolve this issue.

fdgowin, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

1. Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available? - Similar Threads - 93GB 16GB installed

2. 32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?: Hello as described above I have 32GB installed but only 16GB usable, what can I do to make it all usable. [ATTACH] 32Gb Ram nur 16 Gb verwendbar, was tun?
  3. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  4. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  5. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  6. BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with 16gb of RAM installed.: I've had 16Gb of RAM since I got my PC, but I've only ever used 8Gb because as soon as my ram usage goes over the 8gb mark, my system has a bsod. My specs are Ryzen 2400g, RX 580, Asus prime b350 plus mobo, samsung 970 evo ssd, corsair vengeance 3200 RAM 2x8Gb. Ive run the...
  7. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  8. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...
  9. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...
  10. Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable): I have an HP Pavilion 500-246 that I got a great deal on at Office Max. I've been very happy with it, but I have a habit of opening multiple tabs in Firefox and it gets bogged down. I decided to add another 8 GB of RAM to the machine, and now even though the BIOS recognizes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7.93 gb ram available 16

2. AMD ryzen 16gb ram installed 8gb available

3. only 13gb ram available out of 16gb

4. 7.93gb ram available out of 16,
  5. installed ram memory 7.93gb,
  6. windows 10 installed ram 16 7.93,
  7. 16gb ram installed 7.93gb usable,
  8. 16gb (7.93gb usable)