Windows 10: Only account is non admin

Discus and support Only account is non admin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was a but stupid and managed to make my only account on Windows 10 non admin. I still have the windows 10 USB that was used to install Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spadicey, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Only account is non admin

I was a but stupid and managed to make my only account on Windows 10 non admin. I still have the windows 10 USB that was used to install Windows 10 onto my laptop. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop, I want to get admin back without having to reset anything. How can I do this?

submitted by /u/spadicey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spadicey, Apr 6, 2021
  2. birosh Win User

RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Only account is non admin [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

Only account is non admin [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Only account is non admin

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

Bree, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Only account is non admin

1. Only account is non admin - Similar Threads - account non admin

2. Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account: I have Win10 Pro & 11 boxes with a local admin account only. We are moving to Azure so I need to create a user using a Microsoft account on the machine. When I try and create a user through Settings-Accounts-Access Work or School to create the user, it does just that and that...
  3. Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account: I have Win10 Pro & 11 boxes with a local admin account only. We are moving to Azure so I need to create a user using a Microsoft account on the machine. When I try and create a user through Settings-Accounts-Access Work or School to create the user, it does just that and that...
  4. Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse lagging on non admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging on non admin accounts: My mouse is lagging on all 3 of my non admin accounts but works perfect on admin accounts, has anyone else had this issue and has a solution with out making the accounts admin....
  6. Mouse lagging on non admin accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lagging on non admin accounts: My mouse is lagging on all 3 of my non admin accounts but works perfect on admin accounts, has anyone else had this issue and has a solution with out making the accounts admin....
  7. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  8. User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts: I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts. On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. RDP to non-admin account not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to non-admin account not working: I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account. I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window: [img]...