Windows 10: Only Allow User to Login via PIV card

Discus and support Only Allow User to Login via PIV card in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working with Endpoint Manager and Intune. I need to restrict some users to only be able to login by using a registered PIV card. I have the cards... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JarrodJarrod, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Only Allow User to Login via PIV card

I am working with Endpoint Manager and Intune. I need to restrict some users to only be able to login by using a registered PIV card. I have the cards setup and I have already tested them by signing in. My final step that I cannot figure out is how to remove the password option from the Windows 10 login screen and have the only option that is available be a PIV card.

I don't want to disable login authentication. I just need to remove the password option and have the only option to login be a PIV card. Can you please tell me how I can disable the password option?

:)

JarrodJarrod, Jul 20, 2020
  2. ruester1 Win User

PIV Card Login - PIN Incorrect, user clicks password hint arrow -> and can login...

Greetings, I have a users who inserts a PIV Card and when he types his pin a pop up window displays "incorrect pin." (we know the pin is correct.) The user then clicks ok to close the window, and then clicks the arrow next to password hint; oddly the computer
    lets the user login. This computer is on a domain. Went to another computer to test his login and the same thing happened. So it seems like the problem is narrowed down to the users card having super permissions or the certificate server is having issues
    and user was granted superpowers LOL..

Any help is great

Rick

ruester1, Jul 20, 2020
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Only Allow User to Login via PIV card

Windows 10 smart card login

Okay, so I wanted to set up my computer to log in via smart card as a secondary way to enter. I have a CAC and a CAC reader and I got them working. Here's the problem. I set the login via smart card enabled but it never setup a user or even registered my CAC as a login.... so now I am stuck locked out of my computer and every time I put in my pass code it says "you must use a smart card to sign in". How can I bypass this or reset my computer? This kinda erks me I jumped a coupe steps and jacked this up.

Cgriff1030, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Only Allow User to Login via PIV card

1. Only Allow User to Login via PIV card - Similar Threads - Allow User Login

2. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  3. Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Smart Card user on a Windows 10 login: I wanted to know if it was possible to have the login screen only show the Smart Card login when a user wakes up a windows machine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-smart-card-user-on-a-windows-10-login/0eeb093a-44d6-4072-ab75-0c5b93c2e549
  4. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  5. Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...

Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...: When I try to login with my PIN I can only type the PIN's first digit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-windows-stopped-allowing-me-to-login-with/e980fb58-66c4-4f07-a8b8-a74a287fc7d7
  6. OpenSSH server suddenly only allows one user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OpenSSH server suddenly only allows one user: I've been running a custom openssh server on my windows 10 pro computer for a while. There are two users on the computer. User1 is an administrator. User2 is not. I've always been able to log into either one until just the other day. Now, whenever I try and sign in as user1...
  7. PIV Card Login - PIN Incorrect, user clicks password hint arrow -> and can login...

PIV Card Login - PIN Incorrect, user clicks password hint arrow -> and can login...: Greetings, I have a users who inserts a PIV Card and when he types his pin a pop up window displays "incorrect pin." (we know the pin is correct.) The user then clicks ok to close the window, and then clicks the arrow next to password hint; oddly the computer lets the user...
  8. adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding user but only allowing to access certain programs: It seems when I Bing this that there are ways but I'm not easily finding the answers. I want to allow a 2nd user on my computer but not give them access to all of my files or programs. Basically there are 3 programs they would need to use. One is Adobe and the other 2 are...
  9. Standard User only to Login

Standard User only to Login: I have a laptop (Windows 10) that only offers one user to log in. That user is a standard user so I can not change anything. When I go to the command prompt and run net user I have the following accounts: admin Administrator DefaultAccount defaultuser0 Guest Owner...
  10. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...