Windows 10: Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...

Discus and support Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Excel on Macbook. Recently, the issue started happening. Certain group of Rows has below issue: 01 The Row-number appears in a mirror... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReeteshAmarnath, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...

Hi,

I am using Excel on Macbook. Recently, the issue started happening. Certain group of Rows has below issue:

01 The Row-number appears in a mirror opposite manner.

02 Fields of the rows with the issue of point01 don't accept any text.

Thanks for the help.

:)

ReeteshAmarnath, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Word Man Win User

Entering row in Excel - error

How many rows of the spreadsheet are you using? If every row has something in it, then you can't have any more rows. My version of Excel has 1,048,576 rows in a spreadsheet and I've never filled one.

If you go to the last row you think you are using and delete every row below that (if there are any), you should then be able to insert rows at the top.

Which version of Excel are you in? I think Excel 2003 and earlier only had 65536 rows available.

Word Man, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Entering row in Excel - error

In Excel the Ctrl+End key combination will take you to the last cell in the last row that you are actually using. You may have inadvertently put something in a row far beyond what you think you are using.

Bree, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...

One Specific Row on an Excel Worksheet Not Being Sorted Correctly

I'm having an oddly specific issue with data in an Excel sheet (download Box). It involves sorting by multiple column headers. All rows in the dataset appear to sort correctly, with the exception of one specific row. My data sort is set up as follows.

Sort Order

Looking at this order in conjunction with the file, data should sort by System_Site; then by Building (Building A, Building B, Building C, etc.); then by Utility_Type (Electricity, Water); then by Meter (not applicable here); and then by Start_Date. This is the case for all rows except for one (red text in the file, Row 72). Notice how this row, with the Utility_Type Water, appears between rows with the Utility_Type Electricity. If the sort were functioning correctly, this row would appear last in the dataset, grouped with Site A, Building D, Water (blue text in the file, Rows 85-92).

The offending row is no different than the other rows, in terms of data types in each cell. I also cannot detect any invisible differences between this row's cells and any others (ex. trailing spaces).

Any assistance would be appreciated. The original file was in CSV format, if that is relevant.

J.P. Brown, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells...

1. Only certain rows in excel has reversed row number and doesnt accept any text to the cells... - Similar Threads - certain rows excel

2. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  3. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  4. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. prints only i row

prints only i row: Hi guys finally got a slew of files figured out but this one - I hate it! I had it working displaying all five rows but now displays only the first. Please, what's wrong? ------------------------------ the code: <?php error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); // Include config...
  7. Output Excel value from undefined row?

Output Excel value from undefined row?: Hello, I have the following problem: I want Excel to display a value from column "C" ,say 1; this is no problem. For this I use this: = IF(COUNT IF(C21:C70;1)=1;"Yes";"No"). How do I get it now that from a cell which is in column B next to the 1 is also displayed where the 1...
  8. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"
  9. Excel spaces between rows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spaces between rows: Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed and I end up with a col of names with...
  10. Entering row in Excel - error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Entering row in Excel - error: [img] Hello all, So I'm trying to put together a table in Excel which i managed to do, however I need insert 3 lines at the top of the table(above the head of the tabel), but Excel won't allow it. Is anybody familiar with this sort of error? I've been browsing online...