Windows 10: Only Enter key is not working

Discus and support Only Enter key is not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShreyBhangale, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Only Enter key is not working

I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But now only Enter key is not working. I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given in various website. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. I tried following :- 1. Restarting Laptop2. Reinstalling Keyboard Driver3. Turned off Sticky keys, Toggle keys and Filter keys4. Ran a troubleshooterStill

:)

ShreyBhangale, Nov 9, 2021

2. Enter key not working on all selections in Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does Enter key works properly while using other apps/programs?

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to keyboard issue while pressing Enter key. I suggest you to run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

This issue may also occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 9, 2021
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    macbook g4 ENTER key not working

The thing is that I did not even see what is installed before 10.4. The customer just sad I want you to install this DVD and I did so *Big Grin Only Enter key is not working :D.

How to check if the key is working ?
    If it was PC I would enter bios and try there is it working.

4. Volatile Win User

Only Enter key is not working

macbook g4 ENTER key not working

What O/S did you have running before 10.4? And i'm assuming the enter key stopped working right after the 10.4 install so it would have to be a huge coincidence for it to be a hardware issue if it was working 100% right before the install.

Volatile, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Only Enter key is not working

1. Only Enter key is not working - Similar Threads - Enter key working

2. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  3. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  4. Left arrow key only works when entering PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left arrow key only works when entering PIN: I had used the registry editor and only changed LongPathsEnabled from 0 to 1. Restarting after this I had a software update and since, my left arrow key has not worked.. It does work when entering my pin and for a couple seconds after doing a clean boot. I know this is not a...
  5. Left arrow key only works when entering PIN

Left arrow key only works when entering PIN: I had used the registry editor and only changed LongPathsEnabled from 0 to 1. Restarting after this I had a software update and since, my left arrow key has not worked.. It does work when entering my pin and for a couple seconds after doing a clean boot. I know this is not a...
  6. Left arrow key only works when entering PIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Only Enter key is not working

Only Enter key is not working: I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But...
  8. Only Enter key is not working

Only Enter key is not working: I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But...
  9. Only my space, backspace, and enter keys work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Only my space, backspace, and enter keys work: So when I boot up my computer the only keys on my keyboard that work are space, backspace, enter, and I which is acting like a space. I saw this question before, but it wasn't answered properly and I actually found a work-around. So it's not really a question, but here is the...
  10. Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work

Only space bar, backspace, and enter keys work: Hey all, I turned on my PC this afternoon and I was unable to login, as only the space bar, backspace, and enter keys worked. I tried on 3 different keyboards and got the same problem. I can't login to see if there is an issue in settings and I have no idea what to do. Anyone...