Windows 10: Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option...

Discus and support Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10, 21H1 version. Only one of my 4 computers of course its on my main computer has only exFat options to format any USB or drive of ANY drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hollyecho, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hollyecho Win User

Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option...

windows 10, 21H1 version. Only one of my 4 computers of course its on my main computer has only exFat options to format any USB or drive of ANY drive and I have tried several *and would format in the other 3 computers* The ONLY option that comes up is exFat and it never completes correctly - always fail. Also tried using PowerShell commands - can erase - but errors out on format, so I have to format on other computer for it to be seen again. I have not ever seen this before on any computer, and I have not found any results of this on google search. If you have any solutions PLEASE le

:)

Hollyecho, Jun 22, 2021

2. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Formating to exFAT

If that's the case, you might need to use a format manager software, but you can try these other steps first.

Kindly follow the instructions below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox beside the Windows icon and press
      Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to
      Optimize for performance and then press OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select
      Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select exFAT in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process is completed.

Let us know how this goes.

Marque Lor, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option...

Formating to exFAT

I am trying to format a G Drive to run exFAT. I have followed instructions on their website all the way through to choosing exFAT as a format. My computer does not give me the option. My drivers are up to date, as is my windows 10. What am I missing? Is
    this an option I need to download from Microsoft? Please advise.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Taylor_Made, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option...

1. Only exFat is available option for USB formatting on main computer. When that only option... - Similar Threads - exFat available option

2. PIN is the only authentication option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN is the only authentication option: Hello, I'm having a heck of a time logging in to a windows 10 pc. When we boot, it goes to a PIN screen saying the PIN has been input incorrectly too many times and to type in A1B2C3. It does not have any other options on the screen besides the network/utilman/power icons at...
  3. PIN is the only authentication option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN is the only authentication option: Hello, I'm having a heck of a time logging in to a windows 10 pc. When we boot, it goes to a PIN screen saying the PIN has been input incorrectly too many times and to type in A1B2C3. It does not have any other options on the screen besides the network/utilman/power icons at...
  4. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  5. ONLY ONE POWER OPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    ONLY ONE POWER OPTION: Ok so i went to power options and decuded to check maximum performance for my laptip abd found only Balanced Power Option. I read from different sites that it's a windows update thing that got rid of it. They provided some registry tweaks to hopefully restore them back. I...
  6. Is there eject option for exFAT on Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there eject option for exFAT on Windows?: I'm using Bootcamp on Mac, and I'm not seeing an eject option for exFAT, but I heard if you pull it off without ejecting it, it can corrupt the data. In Mac there is an eject icon that you can click on. 165800
  7. Windows 10 - No network options, only ethernet available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - No network options, only ethernet available.: I made a poor choice, but I turned an older iMac to a Windows, planning to buy the activation code for Windows later on. I had to delete any files on the Harddrive in order to install Windows. Windows works perfectly fine besides the error in the title; I cannot select any...
  8. New Computer, only has ethernet option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Computer, only has ethernet option: I bought a new computer today with WINDOWS 10 PRO and the only option to connect to internet is ethernet in bottom right corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-only-has-ethernet-option/53576954-3c78-45f4-97e8-a01193ff07f9
  9. Pin number has only ADD option available

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin number has only ADD option available: I am not able to Login to Win 10 using my PIN which I had set up previously set up and was working fine - now the only option I get is for my Password I have tried resetting the PIN without success as below Settings > Accounts > Sign-in-Options > PIN > there is only...
  10. Only One Power Option Is Available

in Windows 10 Support
    Only One Power Option Is Available: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 3. I was working on my power options & I've noticed I only have one power option available - "Balanced". Also, if I go in to create a new power plan, I can only change the basic options, even though I click on "Change Advanced...