Windows 10: Only fast internet with wsl

Discus and support Only fast internet with wsl in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed that I'm downloading only with 320 kb/s when I use the powershell (wget) or when I directly downloading a file with my browser. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Roalkege, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Only fast internet with wsl

Hello, I noticed that I'm downloading only with 320 kb/s when I use the powershell (wget) or when I directly downloading a file with my browser. But when I use my wsl2 ubuntu I'm downloading with 61MB/s (wget). Why is the normal windows so slow and wsl speedy? I'm using a b550m motherboard with Gigabit LAN, the lan cable is cat7.

submitted by /u/Roalkege
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Roalkege, Sep 22, 2020

2. Ubuntu Linux on WSL will not use Internet

Ok, I've figured it out. I recently had to update Bitdefender to a newer version and I didn't connect that to the problem due to it being about a week before I used wsl again. BitDefender's new version firewall is the problem here, I disabled it and turned
    on the Window's firewall instead and magically the wsl was able to use internet again. for where I found the lead to the answer see No connectivity from Bash to internet? · Issue #5 · microsoft/WSL and check the post by Thanok(sic). I'll be contacting BitDefender to get them to figure
    it out from here.

Kenneth_Benson, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Only fast internet with wsl

Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

Source: Using WSL in an Enterprise Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Only fast internet with wsl

1. Only fast internet with wsl - Similar Threads - fast internet wsl

2. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 No internet connectivity: Hello,I have successfully installed Ubuntu with WSL 2. After setting up my account I tried to do 'sudo apt update' which failed to connect. I also tried to ping google but it failed as well. I searched online and found solutions with changing my /etc/resolv.conf nameserver to...
  3. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 No internet connectivity: Hello,I have successfully installed Ubuntu with WSL 2. After setting up my account I tried to do 'sudo apt update' which failed to connect. I also tried to ping google but it failed as well. I searched online and found solutions with changing my /etc/resolv.conf nameserver to...
  4. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kali Linux Internet Problem in wsl of Windows: HelloPlease pay attention that everything is running on Windows 11 with wls capability I'm all the way I went all the way to install Kali Linux correctly and with the help of official site, and there was no other problem until I realized that it could not connect to the...
  6. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is so slow on WSL 2: I am experiencing slow internet problem on WSL 2. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-so-slow-on-wsl-2/a3aab2a5-2ce4-41b7-b470-c36380ef8a6a
  7. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is so slow on WSL 2: I am experiencing slow internet problem on WSL 2. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-so-slow-on-wsl-2/a3aab2a5-2ce4-41b7-b470-c36380ef8a6a
  8. Internet is so slow on WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. low internet speed in WSL 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low internet speed in WSL 2: hi speed of internet in wsl 2 is very low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-internet-speed-in-wsl-2/21524829-18be-4611-bb5f-cabccd2cae31
  10. low internet speed in wsl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low internet speed in wsl: please help me! in WSL speed of internet is very low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-internet-speed-in-wsl/a77c6d23-db7d-4122-8f58-878de5bbcd32