Windows 10: Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer

Discus and support Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to search for my file explorer I only see the options available and not the actual program, any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by polychr4, Jan 25, 2023.

1. polychr4 Win User

Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer

When I try to search for my file explorer I only see the options available and not the actual program, any ideas?

:)

polychr4, Jan 25, 2023
  2. J. Raúl Win User

File Explorer not responding problem.

Try this steps because I think it's related with quick access in file explorer:

1. Open a new Explorer window.
    2. Click View in the ribbon.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    5. Click OK.
    Now it should hopefully work fine.

J. Raúl, Jan 25, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

It's AVI files causing the problem. It happens when explorer tries to preview them. You can shut off previewing, and it goes away.

Open a run box, and type this:

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

It will prevent Explorer from trying to preview video files.

Wile E, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer - Similar Threads - 'File explorer options'

2. Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only 'File explorer options' shows up when trying to open file explorer: When I try to search for my file explorer I only see the options available and not the actual program, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-file-explorer-options-shows-up-when-trying-to/262ccf52-ed89-4b1d-8c04-691e66a9f3ac
  3. Windows 11 only showing File Explorer Options

Windows 11 only showing File Explorer Options: Hi,A lot of our users when working from home, even when connected to a VPN and on a local profile not roaming only see "File Explorer Options" when they try to search for "File Explorer". Why would this be happening?...
  4. Windows 11 only showing File Explorer Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 only showing File Explorer Options: Hi,A lot of our users when working from home, even when connected to a VPN and on a local profile not roaming only see "File Explorer Options" when they try to search for "File Explorer". Why would this be happening?...
  5. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option: Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give the option of opening with other than the default app. I go get a screenshot of an example......
  6. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option: Here's what I'm referring to by "generic" open. This will open the file in the default app.Other types of files, .txt for example on my system, give the option of opening with other than the default app. I go get a screenshot of an example......
  7. Open a .jpg file in File Explorer gives only a generic open option

8. Temp files showing up in file explorer

Temp files showing up in file explorer: Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to...
  9. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  10. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...