Windows 10: Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

Discus and support Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I built my first computer in two months ago and switched to Shaw internet 150, I was getting around 150Mbps on the new computer at the start, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZeSandvich, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

Hi,
    I built my first computer in two months ago and switched to Shaw internet 150, I was getting around 150Mbps on the new computer at the start, but recently tested my internet with speedtest.net and shaw’s own internet test and I’m constantly getting 15Mbps.

The computer is connected directly to the modem through Ethernet

I believe it has to do with the computer not the provider side since,
    1. My phone connected to the same modem through wifi gets 130Mbps
    2. My older laptops which is also using windows 10 can get to 80Mbps(limited by the older hardware) when connected through Ethernet.
    (which also means its not bottlenecked by the Ethernet cable)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motherboard: Z170A Gaming M5, latest bios
    have updated all the device drivers
    peer to peer download and almost all of the Windows 10 privacy settings are disabled
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried:
    -Disabling global autotuninglevel as suggested by a post on ghacks
    -Disabling firewall
    -Resetting the modem
    -Uninstalled the most recent cumulative update(but didn’t going on to older updates because I’m not sure how Win10 will reverting the updates especially if not in order which they were installed)

Unfortunately non of the above worked
    the computer only have a bare amount of software, only the necessary divers, anti-virus(Norton Security), plus the likes of Microsoft Office, Adobe reader, dropbox etc. and a few steam games.
    All hardwares are new.

I have seen people saying they have notice the same problem after a certain windows 10 update but was only resolved it by reinstall windows 10 and refuse any future updates (which I wouldn’t really want to resort to unless there is no other option since the updates are important for getting security patches)

Plus, since my laptop which also have the latest Windows 10 on it can get better speed, it probably has so do with certain windows 10 settings or the computer’s hardware, or could it be something else? Any one know what might be the cause of this?

:)

ZeSandvich, Oct 6, 2016
  2. Bijosh Win User

how to set up speech in lumia 520 and install language pack?

Hi ,

I tried using a 15mbps wifi connection to download but still it doesn't work.

Is this a bug?

Bijosh, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Desmon10 Win User
    Windows 10 No Wi-Fi networks found

My computer says no wifi networks found. Resetting my computer (Temperarally) resolves this

adapter: braodcom 802 11ac Network adapter

Internet speed: 150 mbps

provider: Shaw
    Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150 [​IMG]

Desmon10, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

1. Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150 - Similar Threads - getting 15Mbps while

2. Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keypress sound only while using Bluetooth earphones: As soon as I connect my Bluetooth earphones to my laptop suddenly each keypress will start having a sound and I cannot find an option to disable it. It only happens when I connect my BT earphones and it is so annoying. It does not happen when I have wired earphones connected,...
  3. Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software

Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software: This problem keeps happening daily. I open the software I use to edit my videos CapCut for PC and after 10 minutes of using it the system freezes and crashes . I own an ASUS ROG laptop with the following specs:- GTX 1050TI- I7 7700HQ- Windows 10 22H2Bsod error :...
  4. Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen ONLY while using video editing software: This problem keeps happening daily. I open the software I use to edit my videos CapCut for PC and after 10 minutes of using it the system freezes and crashes . I own an ASUS ROG laptop with the following specs:- GTX 1050TI- I7 7700HQ- Windows 10 22H2Bsod error :...
  5. FİXED 170thousand or 150?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FİXED 170thousand or 150?: bios + w8 casper .don't make fun , be a man , write an answer , don't make family conversations . I was advertising an undernet fly party when it opened mrc32 jobs. hip-hop taxim partyWe were thinking of buying a server. Send it without sending it for approval admin baba...
  6. FİXED 170thousand or 150?

FİXED 170thousand or 150?: bios + w8 casper .don't make fun , be a man , write an answer , don't make family conversations . I was advertising an undernet fly party when it opened mrc32 jobs. hip-hop taxim partyWe were thinking of buying a server. Send it without sending it for approval admin baba...
  7. Audio issue while using voice chat Only using headphones

Audio issue while using voice chat Only using headphones: When i join a voice chat Like Discord, Team Speak 3, WhatsApp and others the audio of other application and of the system becomes low quality. This has been happening since I formatted the pc; when i'm using pc speakers realtek audio I do not have this problem, but only when...
  8. I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...: I cannot connect to the internet, Shaw sent me a new modem, I unplugged the old modem and plugged in the new one but now it is saying "not connected to the internet"....
  9. Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+

Ethernet connection only getting 10 Mbps...other pcs getting 150+: This is a relatively new HP desktop with 1903 Windows 10. I just connected it to my switch (which has a couple others desktop pcs connected). They are getting around 150 Mbps. I'm using a 5e patch cable so can you think of why there's such a disparity in speed? 136526
  10. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.: I recently came to the conclusion that I should be (need) to back up my Pictures folder (massive 150 GB, 55K files, 3K folders to OneDrive for archival purposes. I don't need these files monitored by OneDrive (don't know if that is a big deal or not) - but just want to have...