Windows 10: Only getting desktop when casting to Roku

Discus and support Only getting desktop when casting to Roku in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to mirror my laptop on my Roku, which apparently is a thing I learned today. I've connected in W10 settings and allowed the Roku to mirror... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gdgates, Feb 4, 2019.

1. gdgates Win User

Only getting desktop when casting to Roku

I'm trying to mirror my laptop on my Roku, which apparently is a thing I learned today. I've connected in W10 settings and allowed the Roku to mirror my HP Spectre. I see my desktop on my television screen, along with the taskbar at the bottom. But nothing else seems to be getting sent to the Roku - browser, apps, etc. When I click on a different icon on the taskbar, I even see that icon get highlighted, but nothing else appears on the television. This might be a discussion for a Roku forum. I'll try there as well.

:)

gdgates, Feb 4, 2019

2. edge casting to roku.

winver 1709 (os build 16299,125) , no troubleshooting taken yet, no error messages, screenshot would be useless as the desktop is working normally, the problem is the screen on the roku device is only showing a 720p version of the desktop background
    with sound from the browser window when cast to device from the browser. casting from an android device works fine. so it isn't a problem with the device.

StephenDunklee, Feb 4, 2019
  3. edge casting to roku.

When I cast to my Roku with the new insider build, I get sound, but it only shows the desktop background instead of the browser window. How do I get the browser to show?

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on Insider Preview / Microsoft Edge / PC

StephenDunklee, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Mar-vin Win User

Play audio & Video files to Roku via Cast To in windows 10. Never finds device although Roku is listed in other devices

Original Title: Cast To Roku

Play audio & Video files to Roku via Cast To in windows 10. Never finds device although Roku is listed in other devices, What gives?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mar-vin, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Only getting desktop when casting to Roku - Similar Threads - getting desktop casting

2. How to Cast to Roku from PC in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Cast to Roku from PC in Windows 11: [IMG]If you are a fan of Roku TV, you must be curious about how to cast content from your Windows 11 PC to this streaming device. While Roku has a screen mirroring feature, the PC you want to cast from should be Miracast enabled. So, if you are using a smart TV that supports...
  3. Windows 11 will not cast to my 50" ONN. Roku TV.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not cast to my 50" ONN. Roku TV.: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop running Windows 11. None of them can cast to my ONN. Roku TV. I have tried that disable firewall solution to not avail. The only firewall I have running is Windows Defender and it is set to always allow displays. I have even tried turning...
  4. Windows 11 will not cast to my 50" ONN. Roku TV.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not cast to my 50" ONN. Roku TV.: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop running Windows 11. None of them can cast to my ONN. Roku TV. I have tried that disable firewall solution to not avail. The only firewall I have running is Windows Defender and it is set to always allow displays. I have even tried turning...
  5. MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV: My Roku TV is no longer found under WIRELESS DISPLAY but is now found under DEVICES AND PRINTERS/MULTIMEDIA DEVICE and I can't get my laptop with Windows 11 to connect/ mirror cast to it. Please help....
  6. MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV

MIRROR CASTING FROM PC TO ROKU TV: My Roku TV is no longer found under WIRELESS DISPLAY but is now found under DEVICES AND PRINTERS/MULTIMEDIA DEVICE and I can't get my laptop with Windows 11 to connect/ mirror cast to it. Please help....
  7. casting to Roku TV stopped working

casting to Roku TV stopped working: My laptop and Tv stopped working well together. Everything worked fine until it just did not. So I updated my laptop to Windows 11 hoping to solve maybe a driver issue after going through many many suggested internet trouble shotting solutions like media player permissions...
  8. casting to Roku TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    casting to Roku TV stopped working: My laptop and Tv stopped working well together. Everything worked fine until it just did not. So I updated my laptop to Windows 11 hoping to solve maybe a driver issue after going through many many suggested internet trouble shotting solutions like media player permissions...
  9. roku

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    roku: can i hook up a roku directly to my lptops hmdmi port and where is the sertting for viewing the hdmi input https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roku/bd902779-5eac-4d69-9ab7-7fc4dd6d5efc
  10. Cannot Cast to Roku TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Cast to Roku TV: Hi there, I know this is a subject that still has some grey areas, but I was recently trying to cast my windows 10 PC to my new roku TV and whenever I attempted to connect I always got the error message "Couldnt connect" after a few seconds of attempting to. my PC is a...